The Blazer Boy

"I'll pick you up in a bit okay?" Aunt Julie yelled after me. "Of course, love you." I turned back to her before shutting the door. I began to walk up the stairs of Dalton Academy. Once I got to the top, a Warbler kindly opened the door and smiled gently to me. "Thank you." I nodded to him, returning the smile.

The hallway was filled with splashes of blue and red from their blazers. I quietly turned to the right and made my way down the hall. I smiled and waved to the boys who were smiling at me. I found the spiral staircase entryway and made my way down it. I looked up at the glass chandelier in awe before reaching the very bottom floor. I saw the big wooden doors and made my way down to them.

I began to hear humming to a familiar song. I reached the doors and walked in, having the beautiful harmony fill my ears.

All: bum bum bum bum bum, da da da da da, bum bum bum bum bum, da da da da da..

I then saw Matthew appear from the group of warblers. I felt myself grin as they all stood together and faced me.

Matthew: We've waited so damn long, we're sick and tired. I won't leave any doubt, or stone un-turned. I've got a collar full... of chemistry for your company... So baby tonight I'll be, the libertine.

He grabbed my hand and twirled me around before leading me to the middle of the room. The rest held a note together as I sat down in a chair and watched them all move around me.

Matthew: Oh show me your love, your love.

All: Give me more but it's not enough

Matthew: Show me your love, your love

All: Before the world catches up.

Matthew: Cause there's always time for second guesses, I don't wanna know. If you're gonna be the death of me that's how I want to go.

I smiled as he looked at me, daring me to sing. I kept shaking my head no as he said yes. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

Camila: Show me your love, your love, give me more but it's not enough.

Matthew: Show me your love, your love, before the world catches up.

Both: Oh show me your love, your love

All: Give me more but it's not enough

Both: Show me your love, your love

All: Before the world catches up, show me your love.

Matthew stood in front of me and swayed with me as the warblers dances around us in a circle.

Matthew: Oh..............

Camila: Oh..............

Matthew: Oh..............

Camila: Oh..............

Both: Show me your love...

Everyone clapped as I giggled. The bell rang for their lunch and all of us poured out into the hallways. I waited for Matthew to grab his books before we headed off onto the patio of the school to enjoy lunch.

"So, are you ready for Monday?" He asked, taking out his heated bowl of soup along with a bag of lays chips and another container full of strawberries. "Well since I've given the lead to Rachel," I began as I pulled my own lunch out; a homemade chicken caeser salad, green grapes, and wheat thins, "I think my blood pressure will survive the night." He chewed his food before responding, "It was very sweet of you to give it to her." He smiled at me, licking his lips to remove the soup blotches. "Thanks. It's just if I wouldn't of, I would feel so bad. I feel bad about anything. I cried on my 11th birthday because my mom got me presents." I glared at him. He laughed, wiping the crumbs from his jacket.