Embrace

I didn't believe it and I wouldn't believe it. I laid there, still as a brick. I felt them start from my bangs and softly graze down my hair until it ended. My heart jolted as I felt Finn move around and let go of my hair. I wiped the drool from my mouth and slowly sat up. I took my forearm and flipped my hair away from the front of my face so it would fall down my back instead.

And there he was.

His big hazel brown eyes were glossy, like a newly printed magazine paper. He was smiling at me, teeth, dimples, lips, and all. His freckles appeared perfectly from the light shining above us. His hair was a mess in the back, but perfect in the front. Every time he took a breathe in, he'd drop his smile a little bit, but pick it back up. I covered my mouth and felt tears drip down my face, burning my cheek. "Finn?" My voice crumbled. "Hi." he answered, his voice going in and out of volume,. I saw his bottom lip quiver and tears started pouring down his face. I jumped from my seat and let him wrap me in his embrace. Me and him cried into each others shoulders, making sure we didn't touch each others wounds.

I felt him reach under the crook of my knees and pull me into his lap so my feet would hang off the edge. I held his body for as long as I could, feeling the warmth of his bare chest soak over me. I let go and looked at him, letting out another set of tears and a tiny laugh. His smile faded as he slowly lifted his hand and ever so gently touched my cheek, then the chord of my oxygen line. "I'm okay." I held his cheek at the same time. He batted his gaze from one of my eyes to the other, studying them carefully. "Oh my god Finn." Carol shot up from her sleep. She ran over and hugged him, running into him a little too hard and making him groan a bit. He cried even harder when his mom hugged him.

She let go and looked at me. Finn then pulled me back into a hug and Carol joined. Finn was alive and awake, and that's all that mattered.

*****************

I squeezed my eyes shut and held his hand. Carol had his other and felt him crush our hands in pain. He yelled out in stress as the nurse changed his bandages and made sure his stitches were doing their job. "Finnster." I looked at him. He looked at me and I ran my fingers through his hair, a weakness of his that I knew would calm him down. He bit his lip and grunted as the nurse finished, still keeping his eyes locked on mine. He was sweating and his lip had dents from his teeth. "Alright so here are some of your restrictions as of now." The nurse handed him and his mom a clipboard like nothing had happened. "I'll be back in a few hours." She then left and had me cursing under my breathe. I got up and grabbed the guitar from the wall to try to calm my nerves.

"Looks like I can't sing you a song for a while." Finn smiled to me, examining the clipboard. I quietly strummed the guitar . His voice was low, like he had just waken up. It was mixture from the yelling out in pain, him not talking for the time he was out, and his lung trying to heal all at once. "That's a shame. But it won't stop me." I responded. He leaned back in the bed and raised his eyebrows. "I'm waiting then." He smirked. "Someone's a little demanding." I joked, tuning the guitar. "Being shot in the chest does take a tole on you." He shrugged, then quietly laughing to himself. I rolled my eyes and began to play.

Camila: End of the night, looking at me, what do you see? Wish I could read your mind. Dimming the light, here in the dark, going by feel. Only the moon to guide.

Finn smiled and kept his eyes on me. The fact that he was looking back at me and responding put my heart at ease, a feeling I hadn't had for the longest time

Camila: When we're alone, I get so close give me your warmth i've never known.
Face to face, caught in a wild embrace this is the safest place i've ever known.

I purposely picked this song. I wanted to make sure he heard me out before anything else happened.

Camila: Put your arms around me, baby, put your arms around me, baby, and squeeze. Only you know how to save me, put your arms around me, baby, and squeeze.

"You sure know how to make the pain go away." Finn made my heart skip a beat. "Your wish is my command." is all that could come out of my mouth.

Camila: Remember the night talking to me saying the words I wanna hear the most.
Give me your heart, gave me your coat when I was cold taking me sweet and slow.

I watched his eyes begin to flutter, followed by a small stretch. He was getting tired.

Camila: When we're alone, I get so close give me your warmth i've never known.
Face to face, caught in a wild embrace this is the safest place i've ever known.

He shuffled around and covered himself up. The pit in my stomach began to form. He was leaving me again...

Camila: Put your arms around me, baby, put your arms around me, baby, and squeeze. Only you know how to save me, put your arms around me, baby, and squeeze.

"You just woke up Finm. Please don't." I thought to myself upsettingly.

Camila: Put your arms around me, baby, put your arms around me, baby, and squeeze. Only you know how to save me, put your arms around me, baby, and squeeze.

I softly began to strum, the noise of the guitar dying out with my voice. He was going back to sleep, and I didn't know when the next time he'd wake up would be.

Camila: Won't you squeeze me, hold me, baby

I looked at the time. It was about six in the morning. The sun was starting to rise and I didn't even realize it wasn't day yet. I had thought it was the afternoon already; I guess I wasn't asleep for long. I set the guitar back in the corner and yawned. "Come here." Finn asked, taking me by surprise. I turned and walked back over, holding the railing of his bed. He pulled my arm and I softly sat on the bed. Finn held me and laid back. I got comfortable put my leg over his own, smiling at him before he closed his eyes. His smile faded as he began to fall sleep. I let my body settle down, also falling asleep in his embrace.