Regionals Part 2

Finn: Do I look lonely? I see the shadows on my face. People have told me, I don't look the same. Maybe I lost weight, i'm playing hooky. With the best of the best, pull my heart out my chest, so that you can see it too.

He quickly looked back at me. I smiled as wide as I could and gave him a huge thumbs up. He returned the grin and turned back to the crowd.

Finn: I'm walking the long road. Watching the sky fall. The lace in your dress, tangles my neck, how do I live. The death of a bachelor, oh oh oh.

When he sang 'the death of a bachelor', chills ran down my spine like a bullet train in Tokyo.

Finn: Letting the water fall. The death of a bachelor, oh oh oh. Seems so fitting for, happily ever after, whooo.

When Finn hit the high note, the crowd cheered and got to their feet. I jumped up and down and hugged Rachel. "We've got this!" She screamed over the music.

Finn: How could I ask for more? Lifetime of laughter at the expense of the death of a bachelor. I'm cutting my mind off. Feels like my heart is going to burst. Alone at a table for two, and I just want to be served. And when you think of me, am I the best you've ever had? Share one more drink with me, smile even though you're sad.

I felt myself melt more and more into love as I watched him sing. The way he held the microphone stand, his movements, his voice, his everything.

Finn: I'm walking the long road. Watching the sky fall. The lace in your dress, tangles my neck, how do I live. The death of a bachelor, oh oh oh. Letting the water fall. The death of a bachelor, oh oh oh. Seems so fitting for, happily ever after, whooo. How could I ask for more? Lifetime of laughter at the expense of the death of a bachelor.

I have to give credit to Finn. The notes and refs in this song are so difficult to master. My voice goes many tones higher than his, but he was hitting the notes better than I could ever. As the little instrumental played, he did some voice riffs, making the crowd swoon more.

Finn: The death of a bachelor, oh oh oh. Letting the water fall. The death of a bachelor, oh oh oh. Seems so fitting for, happily ever after, whooo. How could I ask for more? Lifetime of laughter at the expense of the death of a bachelor.

The crowd roared in applause as Finn bowed. The music then switched over and all of us came out onto the stage.

All: Tonight we are victorious, champagne pouring over us, all my friends we're glorious, tonight we are victorious. Oh-oh-oh, victorious, oh-oh-oh.

Rachel quickly went to the front of all of us as we paired up with each other. I was with Puck.

Rachel: Double bubble disco queen headed to the guillotine, skin as cool as Steve McQueen, let me be your killer king. It hurts until it stops, we will love until it's not, i'm a killing spree in white, eyes like broken Christmas lights.

The rest of us began to walts around in a circle behind her. I saw my Aunt Julie in the crowd and smiled to her before turning my attention back to Puck and making sure we didn't stumble.

Rachel: My touch is black and poisonous. And nothing like my punch-drunk kiss I know you need it, do you feel it drink the water, drink the wine. Oh we gotta turn up the crazy. Livin' like a washed-up celebrity. Shooting fireworks like it's the Fourth of July. Until we feel alright. Until we feel alright.

I watched Matthew shimmy to the front. I grinned at Paul who was watching us dreadfully from the side. I let go of Puck and we all stood in rows singing softly with Matthew.

Matthew: I'm like a scarf trick, it's all up the sleeve. I taste like magic, waves that swallow quick and deep. Throw the bait, catch the shark, bleed the water red. Fifty words for murder and I'm every one of them.. My touch is black and poisonous. And nothing like my punch-drunk kiss, I know you need it, do you feel it,drink the water, drink the wine.

We all then got off the risers and the crowd began to roar at how smooth our sync was. I walked over to Finn and turn around to face the crowd. He held my right hand in the air and held my left hip. We began to bop our hips up and down to the drum beat.

Matthew: Oh we gotta turn up the crazy. Livin' like a washed-up celebrity. Shooting fireworks like it's the Fourth of July.

I then turned back around and we all started waltzing again, in which I heard the crowd go crazy again. Finn smiled and laughed, knowing we were doing amazing.

All: Tonight we are victorious, champagne pouring over us, qll my friends we're glorious, tonight we are victorious. Tonight we are victorious, champagne pouring over us, qll my friends we're glorious, tonight we are victorious.

We all then got into one long line and walked to the front of stage. We just did our own thing as I belted out:

Camila: Oh we gotta turn up the crazy. Livin' like a washed-up celebrity. Shooting fireworks like it's the Fourth of July. Until we feel alright. Until we feel alright

We all put our arms over top of each others shoulders and swayed. I looked at Mr. Schuester, who basically had tears coming from his eyes.

All: Tonight we are victorious, champagne pouring over us, all my friends we're glorious, tonight we are victorious.

The crowd jumped up and down, screaming so loud I almost fell over from the overwhelming feeling. All of us headed back stage and I bolted into Finn and hugged him. "Oh my god Finn that was so fucking fantastic!" I yelled. "Thanks! But let's see what tricks they have up their sleeves." he pointed to the stage. Me and Finn held onto each other as we watched the Warblers perform, praying to god we did better.