Chapter 68: Everything Starts Now Pt.1

Sitting in the middle of nowhere, HanNi glanced silently to her brother who was on a lookout and sighed hopelessly. She played tricks with her powers when she gets bored and even tried to run away to go back to their house, but HanGyuk would always catch her no matter what. Her stomach would growl and will use it as an excuse to escape but HanGyuk will always effortlessly come back instantly with food on his hands.

From time to time, HanNi would feel weak as if her energy is being drained constantly. Her pale and weak body rests on HanGyuk's back as they continued on to their escape. After getting out of the wild forest, a small city appeared in front of HanGyuk's eyes but only to find out that the place has been abandoned and not a single living being is seen around. Taking the advantage of such place, there's water and food and other resources that HanGyuk found rather convenient.

"Sis, I'll be back shortly. Don't worry, this place has been abandoned and there seems to be no one around the area. I'll go fetch you some medicine and food. Please just rest." HanGyuk put his sister down on the bed in an abandoned house. He caressed her face before he left the house.  

Before leaving the room, he took a quick glance at her and shut the door. With only HanNi left alone in the room, her eyes fluttered open and found herself in an unfamiliar place. She turned her head on the side and found no one. Attempting to call out for her brother, she croaked, "....Han...gyu..k.." she gasped.

"My power...is being...drained...I hope they're okay.." she thought before going back to sleep.

---

"Haah~~ that's it? Lame." Hyun sighed at the sight of the defeated woman. The woman turned out to be an enemy.

"We didn't get much from her other than being alone in this place. Seems like no one is here other than us."

*crunch*

"Shh.. there's someone here.." Minjun said.

"But I thought--"

"WHO'S THERE?!"

HanGyuk appeared with his blade armed. The squad had their weapons equipped to. While pointing at each other, inside HanGyuk's head, he was already planning on how to keep his sister safe from these people. "Hey...we don't want to randomly attack people but..." Minjun started.

"What?" HanGyuk glared at him.

"...listen, you don't look civilian at all so I figure out that you're... You somehow know something about what's happening here, right?"

He scrunched his nose and stared at them, "I don't know what you're talking about or what you want but, if you people want anything from my sister, I'll kill you."

"Now, now..I guess you're Prince HanGyuk, am I correct?" Hyun asked.

HanGyuk backed away, still with his blade pointing at them.

Who are these people?

"We're from the Royal Palace of Exorian Kingdom. Personally sent by General Elkni to protect the princess." Yuhan spoke.

"Elkni...? You're from the palace?" HanGyuk asked but he didn't completely trust them.

"Yes, Your Highness. We were told that a very dangerous group of people, sent by the Dark Lord, has come to Earth to take Princess HanNi's life." Minjun explained.

"Right now only my sister and I are here. Her guardians were left in the mansion fighting off and distracting the Death Gods."

"Damn it! We're one step behind. How's her condition? I heard---" Yuhan asked.