Chapter 72: Emergency

"My Lord, everything's ready."

The man entered the room along with so many other people.

"Heh." The lord laughed as he stood up from his throne, glancing at the peaceful island on the other side.

"I will rule the world." 

In the peaceful village of a kingdom, stalls and people walks in the streets, buying things, eating and laughing. Until a feint rumble silenced the whole place. The clouds slowly turned grey, then completely turned dark. Others had a bad feeling and immediately returned home while the others are curious enough to see what's going on. Heart thumping, shivering bodies, terrified eyes stared at the black sky above them. And then, the sound of the bell was heard, echoing throughout the whole entire planet. An emergency bell coming directly from the capital of Exorian Kingdom. 

"This is an emergency! Citizens, evacuate immediately to the protected area. Into the cave of life protected by the queen herself, near the port city. This is an emergency! All citizens must leave their homes and evacuate."

"Your Majesty!! People are in panic. The sky has turned black and the moon is slowly turning red. I-if this continue--"

"Brave soldier, you must be calm. We are in a situation where protectors must keep their ground." Says the Queen.

"I-I understand..." he quickly bow his head and immediately returned to his station.

"The waters from the Dark Continent has slowly turned black, your Majesty. Soon, it will reach our seas and taint our preserved coasts. If the time comes, fishermen will gain nothing." Danif appeared behind her, holding some reports.

"The black waters ... it carried such poisonous chemicals that would certainly destroy the lives under the water. Perhaps, also ours." She mumbled flipping through the old books and documents from the ancient times.

While soaring in the sky, HanNi has noticed the unusual color of the waters below them. The way the air seemed so thick and suffocating, the unusual brightness of the moon glowing red even though it was still day time. It all seemed strange to her - everyone must have noticed as well. 

"A solid footing twenty-meters below us. I'm gonna drop you people." HanGyuk announced as he released the people clinging onto him and landed with a thud. It was once again, a nearby civilized area with little population, came into their sight. But something was not right.

"The place is a wreck. You think it has got to do with that bell we heard earlier?" Yuhan, being as observant as he is, picked up a dagger buried in the tree. 

"Those clothes.." said a voice coming from behind the little shack revealing a man in ragged clothes and dirtied face.

"You people must've come  from the capital, right?"

"We came from the Royal Palace. Actually, we are elite soldiers. Could you explain what happened here?" Minjun crossed his arms as he waited for an answer. 

The man showed a little hesitation but gave up and told the story. He began telling them what happened early in the afternoon. As peaceful as it should be, everything was normal until a strange man looking half-dead was seen walking in the streets, creating suspicions and fear to the villagers. As far as they could tell, he was dragging his feet rather than properly walking. Soon, few more weird looking men came marching in from the direction of the coast. They wreck stalls and hurt people as the passed by until the bell was sounded. 

Silence wrapped the air around them as they listened to his story. Seo on the other hand, had no interest on hearing a story from a suspicious man himself, decided to do some investigation around the area. Stopping on her tracks, a silent clattering noise was heard as red liquid met her line of sight.