Chapter 67: Squad 1

Armours clunk and heavy footsteps filled the army's area. The soldiers seemed to be preparing for something as vehicles and weapons were readied. At one area, there's a person wearing a somewhat flashy military outfit that differs from the rest while commanding and ordering other soldiers. 

"Captain! Reporting from Squad 3, sir!" a soldier appeared behind.

"We're in a rush I don't have time for formalities or whatever sht. Hurry and tell me." the captain said.

"Squad 3 are armed and ready. Permission to board the aircraft." the guy stood straight waiting for an answer.

"Granted. Tell Squad 3 to prepare both mentally and physically. Now get moving! Go!"

"We're not wearing armours and riding horses?" asked one of the soldiers.

"We are apparently going to a modern planet that doesn't use horses and armours in wars. We're going to blend in by becoming modern too, I heard." his mate said.

"And we're using those weapons too! You know that newly developed high-powered silent gun and that violent laser gun?!? Are you serious?! Like seriously?!" he bounced around in excitement.

By switching to modern military with all the latest weapons, still almost half of the army stayed the same as only chosen people with a lot of potential can handle the modern weapons that was created for the purpose of exterminating evil. 

The aircraft lifted off the ground and made its way into the skies, carrying its brave soldiers. Elkni and his special elite team took a different aircraft for important reasons. Assembling and polishing their weapons shiny, he quickly grabbed their attention and explained the plan.

"Commander, you know that there are consequences..for this, right?" asked the sniper of the team.

"I wouldn't have this army to move out if I wasn't aware of what's going to happen. This is the job I chose and I'm responsible for any mistakes that would occur. Even the death of your comrades." Elkni answered immediately.

"I will make sure we act according to the plan, sir. Leave it to us. This is your Squad 1. Have more faith in us." squad one captain's put his knife back to his pocket as he switched to battle gear.

By pressing the button, the ramp behind the cargo aircraft slowly opens up, greeting them with a strong force of wind, making the clouds clears up the view of the land below them. Slowly and carefully, one by one, each of them readied their gear and checked their parachutes. After giving Commander a thumbs up, they jumped off and starts their mission.

"You're the General of this army, it's better to stay here and give out orders through our earpiece. We can't have you dead or else the whole thing will be a waste." the captain of the team jumped off as soon as he finished talking.

Elkni nodded as he watched his last member jumped. Although the kid was right, the mission will ended up in a pile of rubbish if he were to die on the battle on the ground. But dying didn't frighten him - he has lived his life as a soldier, commanding, giving orders and losing his comrades in the battle. Death was always expected to come, but he did not, even once comes face to face with death. His only regret was that he can never see his comrade, his friend, his partner ever again. Death took him, he sacrificed himself and left the peace of the future in his hands. That is why to him, dying is not as scary as breaking your promises to someone important. Pressing the button on his earpiece, a small beep means it's connected to his team. "I'm entrusting you the most important part of the mission, Squad 1. I believe in you, brats." a small smile formed on his lips as he hears his team chuckle before replying "Yes, sir!" .

Staring at the reflection on his watch, squad captain Minjun, gave his teammates a signal before they pressed a certain button on their device. With the *whirring sounds, their jetpacks activated and they glide across the vast atmosphere. "I thought we were going to use parachutes?", Hyun turned his head behind him then back to his watch. It was a stable flying mechanical thing that makes no absolute noises, except for the silent whirring sound. Yuhan opened his eyes and looked down below him, his eyes are completely locked on a certain direction, "I can blow that man's head off while up here," he said confidently.

The jetpack lowered and the team landed safely. Soon after getting the jetpack off their backs, there was a rustling and a vague image of a person could hardly be seen as it was moving too fast for someone with normal eyes. "A woman...behind that boulder. 6 o'clock," Yuhan loaded his sniper rifle and looked through the scope. The streets were empty, dark and the buildings surrounding has been damaged.

"Looks like some people got here first. What a shame." Minjun rested his hands on his hips, letting out a sigh.

"The residents - the humans seemed to have evacuated..." Seo crouched down, touching the twinkling dust that piled up before continuing, "or wiped out.

"Scan the area and report to me. Look for remaining - if there's any - survivors and evacuate them to a safe place. Also, please try avoid unnecessary engagement in battles, just please." Minjun raised his hand, "Dismissed."

"Yes, sir!" 

Hyun wandered around the place of an abandoned city aimlessly. He hopped and bounced around freely like a child with the mission and order strictly carved in his mind. Passing by the place where thick smoke is coming from, a fire suddenly swallowed the whole 3-storey building resulting for the clouds to go grey. "It might rain soon." he continued walking. 

Stopping on his tracks, he stood firmly as he reached for his earpiece, "Hyun here. Do you read me? Captain?" waiting for a response, Hyun pulled a knife out of his pocket. "Loud and clear. What's up?" Minjun asked, "I'm being followed..aren't I?" there was no reply.

"Yuhan here. I've been keeping a close watch from up here and the enemy looks like it has no companions and such." a click was heard as he adjusted his scope, "Shall I take this person's head?"

"Yuhan, stand by. We don't know if it's a civilian or an enemy. It's better to wait for the enemy to make the first move." the captain secretly watches from inside a building as he pulled out two of the newest and strongest weapons created in EXO PLANET.

"Seo, standing by. Ready to attack. Will move on your signal, captain." Seo stood behind one of the buildings making no noise as she follows the movement of the woman who's following Hyun.

"Capture the enemy and get information out. If there's nothing and comes to it, I'm giving you permission to kill it."

\\~\\~\\~\\~\\~\\~\\~\\~\\~\\- - - -

Hey~?  Yo I'm back after two weeks...? Um yeah. Here it is. 

Enjooyyyyyy~~?

--Author--