Chapter 54: "I won't ever leave your side.."

-Ari's P.O.V- 

Slightly groaning from the pain in my head, I slowly open my eyes and found myself in an unfamiliar place. I remember being kept in the dungeon, but what am I doing here? No, wait. I remember something like Han--- I mean Princess HanNi coming down to see me and talk to me, then we talked and...she started crying? And...let's see, my head started hurting and then I blacked out. Then, I'm here.

I released a small groan from my mouth and started to look around slowly. Yup, I'm not in the dungeon. I should use this chance to escape and get Xhin out of here. Yeah, that's the plan.

"So many bandages. Such a hassle." I mumbled as I slowly got up. Then I noticed that there was someone who's resting their head on the bed.

"Han?" I whispered.

"Hahmm..uhh..oh? I fell asleep." she said as she wipe her mouth. She drools on her sleep?

She started stretching and finally came to look at me. We stared at each other's eyes for a while. Looking at her in the eyes, I don't feel any harm or danger. It's so warm and kind. I don't know why.

"You're awake, Ari. How are you feeling?" she just smiled at me. Why? Even though I fought her guardians, made a huge mess in the castle, almost killed one of the knights and planned on killing her, she's looking at me like I never did anything?

"Oh! Are you hungry? Does your head hurt? Does your wound hurt? Hm?" she asked as she leans closer.

"N-n-no, I-I'm fine." I replied as I wave my hands in front of her. "Ehh, is that so? That's a relief." she has this relieved expression on her face.

"Why are you acting like that?" Sht! I said it! I bluntly asked. But she didn't answer, instead, she just gave that kind smile again but, somehow, that smile, it's like its telling me 'don't ask anymore questions'. Somehow...its like I know what she meant.

"You're the princess, I'm your enemy. I tried killing you, why don't you act like you wanted revenge?" I asked again. I can't tell. I just wanted to ask those questions that's bothering me.

"Why? You ask? *smiles* Well isn't it already obvious? That's because you're my beloved brother." yet again, she gave that smile. This time, it was telling me that its what she really feels. She said 'beloved brother'....'beloved'.

"How could you possibly say that I'm your brother? Just because I'm wearing this necklace that was suppose to tell people that we're siblings?" curiously, I wanted to know.

"Besides that, we did some medical tests. Like blood test, for example. The results came out a little early than I expected and to my surprise, it was positive." she giggled. She seems happy.

I couldn't tell if I'm happy or not, my heart was beating so fast, my mind's really fuzzy I can't think straight and my face is heating up. Before I knew it, tears started to fall, slowly. I tried wiping it away but it just keep coming.

"Are you okay?" she asked and walked closer. Dammit, she noticed. It's embarrassing to see me like this. This is so not like me. It ruined my image of cold-hearted cool Ari. Damn.

"I-I'm okay. I'm not crying." I said as I keep wiping my eyes and sniffing.

"I didn't ask if you're crying. Well, that just tells me that you are crying." she giggled. What's so funny? It's not funny. It's embarrassing.

"Dammit, why are these tears keep coming? Why don't they stop?" I keep trying.

"It probably mean that the ice in your cold-hearted cool Ari's heart melted." she said. I paused, then looked at her with my eyes wide open.