Chapter One

"You alright?"

"I'll be fine." She replied, keeping her focus outside the window.

"Let me guess. Is it about your father again?"

She turned her gaze to him. "I don't want to hate him, Jiyong. But why am I feeling this way?"

He patted her head and smiled genuinely, feeling empathetic to what she's going through. "He probably just wants what's best for you."

"I'm old enough to know what's best for me." She pouted.

"I know what can change your mood." He said then turned the car to a different direction.

"I'm supposed to go to school." She told him.

"I know... But I'm also aware you'll not attend class and just spend your time reading books at one corner of the library. So instead of killing time with books, let's do it my way." He wiggled his eyebrows.

She smiled. "KARAOKE?"

"You got it!" He gave her a thumbs up.
"That's exciting!... I should beat your score this time." She sounded determined.

"Let's see." He shrugged.

************

Sandara Park is the only child of the multimillionaire widower, Yeunsuk Park. Her mother passed away when she was just five years old due to cancer. Because of being the only child, she's treated like a princess. She's given all the things she wanted and pampered with the luxury the world could give. But being the simple girl that she is, she remained humble and giving. Just like her mother, she would often set charity events to help those in need.

Even so, not all rich kids are happy with what they have. In Sandara's case, she's not in good terms with her father, although she loves him dearly. That's because he continuously sets her up to young men who belong to the level of society they're in. It was just recent when her father became more determined in looking for a man she would marry. That's why she's not happy staying at home and having a conversation with him.

Jiyong, on the other hand, is from a simple family with his parents and a younger sister, Minzy. He, together with his parents, works for Sandara's family. His father is Mr. Park's driver; His mother works as a cook; He works as Sandara's driver/bodyguard.

He opted on working after finishing Senior High school to help his parents with the expenses at home and to pay for Minzy's tuition fee.

Jiyong and Sandara basically grew up together as he's a regular visitor of the Park's huge house. He would often play with her outside. He's the only person trusted by her father to be with her whenever she goes out with friends.

It's more of like they're best of friends. She would tell him stories of what happened in school and he also would do the same. He knows her friends in school and she also have met his closest friends.

Sandara feels secured whenever Jiyong's around, that's why she immediately accepted her father's offer to have a bodyguard when he told her it's gonna be Jiyong who'll take the part.

She's also close to Jiyong's family. During times when her father's away for a business trip, she would often visit his house and would even stay overnight sometimes. She would often do girly stuff with Minzy and she teaches her few of her school homeworks. She's even the reason why Minzy was able to attend a dance class since dancing is Minzy's passion. She paid for the fee although Jiyong was so much against it.

"It's for Minzy, not for you." Dara reasoned out.

During meet up with guys her father has set up for her, Jiyong also stays by her side. It's one of the conditions she asked from her father before she agreed to do what he wanted her to do.