Forever Mine Chapter 68

The Wise Words of George and Caymin

Two redheads jumped out in front of me and a shriek escaped my lips, causing my books to fly out of my hands and all over the hall, which was empty besides us three. O.W.L.s were being taken two floors down in the Great Hall. Our N.E.W.T.s were in two days, which I don’t think anyone was looking forward to. Fred and George’s laughs rang out and I smirked, bending to retrieve the books. Of course, being Fred and George neither bothered to help.

“Well,” said George, beaming down at me with his hands stuffed in his pockets. Fred leaned back on the balls of his feet. Things weren’t so awkward now.

“We’re off.” He finished. I jumped up, abandoning my books.

“You’re leaving? S-so soon?”

Both of them smiled. “Come with us, then, if you’d like.” George urged. I chewed on my bottom lip, a habit that was getting so bad that said lip was getting torn and bloody. I stopped.

“She can’t.” Fred broke off both of our thought processes and George gave his twin a disbelieving look.

“Bloody hell, mate!” he exclaimed. “I’d have thought you of all people… Especially after last night and all.”

I gave Fred a look as he shook his head. “I already told you.” Fred muttered. “We aren’t back together.”

“Well why not?” George snapped stubbornly, crossing his arms. “You two have been apart long enough. I’m getting sick of it.”

I scowled at him. “We don’t feel like it, that’s why not.” I said simply, rolling my eyes at the seemingly scolding look George was giving me.

“No, no, no. You don’t feel like it.” Fred corrected. I smiled again, bending once more to collect my things. “I’m still smitten.”

“Oh, who says smitten anymore?” I muttered as I felt a warm blush rolling over my cheeks and purposely shook my hair from behind my ears to cover my face.

“Fine, there are other words to describe it.” Fred continued. “Head over heels in love,”

“You sound like a school girl.” George commented.

“Love-struck,”

“Nice one.”

“Besotted.”

“No idea what that means.”

“Obsessed,”

“Now you just sound like Ginny.”

I laughed, straightening up and placing the last book on top of the pile, glad that I’d learned by now how to calm a blush as the heat evaporated.

“Infatuated.” I hadn’t noticed that Fred and George were so close that I could feel their warm breath on my cheeks, which again I felt turn deep scarlet.

“You have a very nice vocabulary.” I breathed, my heart pounding so loud that I was sure they could hear. Both of them smirked and backed up with bouncing steps.

“Well, we’ve got to go. Lots to set up.” Fred said cheerily.

“Oh yeah, Seph, you still have the portable swamp?” George asked.

This was the huge prank that James and I had been working on all year. I nodded and rummaged in my bag, then pulling out a small capsule. I tossed it to George. “Make sure not to throw it until you’re a good distance away.”

They nodded, examining it. “Doesn’t look like much.” Fred observed.

“Trust me,” I said. “It’ll work.”

George handed it to his twin. “I’ll be there in a minute.”

Fred nodded with a quick look at me. Then, something neither George nor I expected, he grabbed my shoulders and kissed me. I let him, though a little surprised. When he let me go, George didn’t look fazed at all. Instead they nodded to each other before Fred took off down the hall, slipping the capsule into his jacket pocket. I swallowed, looking down at my shoes.

“You still love him.” He said, as soon as Fred turned the corner.

“I know.” I whispered, brushing my fingers over my lips, wishing for Fred.

“The question is: what are you going to do about it?”

I hated it when George went all philosophical on me. I shrugged uselessly. “Nothing. We have to just be friends.”

He sighed before following after his twin, “You can’t be ‘just friends’ with someone you’re madly in love with.”

*

Suddenly there were several great booms and the castle shuddered slightly. I hadn’t moved for the past five minutes. George was right. And so was everyone else. And I was an idiot. An idiot with no time.

So now my feet were moving. Moving faster than I ever thought they could. I ran out of the hallway, the way Fred and George had gone. Down the staircase. I gave a shriek when one moved unexpectedly and let me out by a door. With a quick glance around I thought ‘Eh, what the hell?’ and opened it, hoping desperately that I would get lucky. And I did. Right behind the door was a staircase. I ran down it for what seemed like forever in the pitch black. I’m pretty sure a rat ran across my foot. But I kept running until I came to a door. No. The behind of a tapestry. I pushed out from behind it and I was in the Entrance Hall. A huge mob of fifth years were hurrying out the doors into the courtyard. With a huff, I dove into the crowd. Pushing, pulling my way through. Then I noticed everyone looking up. I followed their gazes into the sky. There were two boys zooming around a huge W.

“Fred!” I shouted. But my cries were drowned out by the cheers and shouting. “Fred!”

 “He can’t hear you.” A voice said beside me.

“Yeah!” I snapped, turning to see Caymin standing there, looking at me innocently. “I figured.” She gave me a small smile. I sighed, looking back up at Fred and George, who sped away.

“I’ve lost him forever, haven’t I?”

She shook her head sincerely. “Nothing’s forever.”

*

Fred’s P.O.V.

I watched as all of the people got smaller and smaller, wondering if Seph was one of them. Suddenly, as I hovered, George flew over beside me.

“I’ve lost her forever.” I said.

George just blinked at me. “Where’s your faith?”

*

A/N: Well, I'm almost done with their last year... :) I hope you all liked this. Love you all so much.