Forever Mine Chapter 45

We reappeared in the basement kitchen of Grimmauld Place. It was dark and gloomy like always. I took a breath and looked around. Ginny had landed badly on the floor beside me and Fred and George were looking confused and still pale.

“Out!” Sirius, who was scurrying over to us yelled at Kreacher, who retreated from the room. Sirius looked terribly unclean and I winced as I smelt the alcohol on his breath. He helped Ginny up, something that hadn’t occurred to me. “What’s going on?” Sirius asked. “Phineas Nigellus-” whoever that was “said Arthur’s been badly injured.”

“Ask Harry.” Fred’s tone was frightened as he struggled to keep his cool. I tried to reassure him by squeezing his hand but he didn’t even notice me.

“Yeah, I want to hear this for myself.” George said, looking at Harry. It must’ve been extremely uncomfortable for Harry and I tried my best not to contribute to the tension but it was difficult. I wanted to know what was going on as well.

“It was- I had a kind of… vision.” Harry stuttered. I gave him a sympathetic look as he told us all about what had happened. When he finished, all of the Weasley’s continued to stare. My eyes flitted away.

“Is Mum here?” Fred finally spoke. I glanced up at him nervously.

“She probably doesn’t know what’s happened yet. The important thing was to get you lot away before Umbridge could interfere.”

“What does Umbridge have to do with-” I began, but no one was paying any attention to me. I wasn’t a Weasley, I wasn’t even sure why I was here. This didn’t involve me.

“I expect Dumbledore’s letting Molly know now.” Sirius continued.

“We’ve got to go to St. Mungo’s.” Ginny cried. I hadn’t heard where exactly Mr. Weasley was before. That meant this was really serious. For some reason I felt like an intruder who didn’t need to be hearing this. “Sirius, can you lend us and cloaks or anything?”

“Ginny you can’t leave now.” I said gently but she shot me a furious look.

“You can’t just go tearing off to St. Mungo’s!” Sirius agreed.

“Course we can go to St. Mungo’s if we want.” Fred argued stubbornly. “He’s our dad!”

“Fred, you can’t just-” I murmured.

“Shut up, Seph you wouldn’t understand. Your dad’s dead!” He snapped. I stumbled back, the anger in his words pushing me away. Ginny’s brown eyes widened. I hadn’t told him about my father dying so Ginny had to have. I clenched my jaw and stared at him but he didn’t at all seem to regret his words. Instead he turned back to Sirius. I didn’t want to be dramatic but then, I didn’t want to stand here with Fred anymore. I swept from the room, hot tears burning my eyes as I listened to Fred, George, and Sirius argue more. I sat on the very top step until everything calmed down. A clock read that it was nearly three. Finally, I fell asleep.

*

“Seph, dear, wake up.” I looked up to see the plump face of Mrs. Weasley smiling weakly down at me.

“Mrs. Weasley!” I cried, sitting up and looking around. I was still sitting on the step and my neck hurt from the odd position I’d been sleeping in. “H-how’s Mr. Weasley?” I figured he was okay seeing as Mrs. Weasley wasn’t crying.

“Oh, he’s alright.” She said. Her face was rather pale and she looked like she needed a good long sleep. “Come on, we’ll have some breakfast.”

I marveled at how she kept calm. If that was me with Fred I’d be screaming my head off.  Speaking of Fred. I remembered how he’d snapped at me last night and my heart sank. But then, he was angry. He didn’t mean it. I followed Mrs. Weasley down the steps and into the kitchen. The boys rose from their chairs and looked anxiously at her. “He’s going to be all right. He’s sleeping .We can all go and see him later. Bill’s sitting with him now, he’s going to take the morning off work.”

I watched as George and Ginny hurried over to hug their mother and Fred sank into his chair and put his face in his hands. I swallowed and slowly walked to him. He jumped as I placed my hand on his shoulder. When he looked up at me with an apologetic look on his tired face I smiled at him. “Everything’s all right.” I whispered. Not just meaning with his dad but also between us.

“I’m sorry.” Fred said. I nodded. He stood up and pulled me close, kissing me softly on the forehead. Sirius and Harry began to make breakfast as the Weasley’s celebrated. I was relieved, everyone was. I was the only one who noticed Harry pull Sirius aside into the pantry. I frowned as Fred and George made a joke that Ginny and Ron laughed at. I was glad that the most tension was gone. Until,

“Molly! How’s Arthur?” A dark-haired woman walked into the room and held out her arms, embracing Mrs. Weasley. They pulled apart and Mrs. Weasley smiled at her. I couldn’t see the woman’s face at first, due to the fact that she was faced away but Ginny, who was beside her mother gaped and gave me a look, mouthing something.

‘shore other?’

‘door butler?’

I shook my head at her, signaling that I had no idea what she was trying to tell me. After Molly assured the woman that Arthur was okay the woman spoke again. “Where is she?” Mrs. Weasley pointed to me and the woman turned around.

Oh. My mother.

Sylvia smiled and walked over to hug me, Fred and George frowning behind her. “How are you?”

“Erm, fine. What’re you doing here?” I asked as she held my shoulders and looked me over.

“Oh, I’m part of the Order. Dumbledore asked me to join when I came to Hogsmeade. You look tired. You should go sleep.”

“I’m fine.” I shrugged her off and sighed. “Are you-”

“Sylvia?” Everyone looked at Sirius, who was standing in the pantry doorway, Harry peeking over his shoulder. Mum –I’m still not comfortable calling her this but I’m just going to for the sake of this story- squinted like she couldn’t believe her striking green eyes.

“Sirius.” Sylvia blinked at him, looking completely dumbfounded.

“You two know each other?” I asked. Mrs. Weasley’s stressed face became amused as she watched my mother stare at Sirius.

“They don’t just know each other, Dear. They were sweethearts.”

Ginny blinked. I gaped. “Like… Dating?” I choked out. “You two d-dated?”

Sirius finally looked away from my mother and yawned. “Well, I’m going to bed. G’night.” He hurried from the room.

“You children should go as well.” Mrs. Weasley waved us out of the kitchen. I was still watching Sylvia, who was in the same place, a shocked look etched on her face. As Ginny and I dressed in our pajamas minutes later she smiled tiredly.

“That was a bit awkward, huh?”

I nodded, laying down. “A bit.”

*

A/N: This chapter was kind of just a filler, I know it wasn't all that great but I'm really frigging tired and a little upset so yeah. The good news is that I have the entire story planned out after this chapter so postings should be a LOT more frequent. :D I love you guys!!!!