Forever Mine Chapter 30

Fred and I were in the hallway near the common room. He was against the wall and I was leaning on him. We were snogging, as usual. I’m not sure how many people passed and shot us disgusted looks. A few ignored us and others yelled. Still others whistled. But that’s not the point. This is; suddenly I felt something on my leg. I gasped and broke apart before backing away against the opposite wall. A Gryffindor fifth year passed between us. I refused to look at Fred. My cheeks were burning with embarrassment. Fred looked away too. His ears were pink. I cleared my throat and searched for something to say. “Seph, I’m sorry.” Fred blurted out. I shook my head and coughed awkwardly.

“I have –um- homework.” I said before hurrying away, blushing still. A couple of Gryffindor sixth years wolf whistled at me. Been a while since that happened. But I ignored it, muttered to password to the Fat Lady, and hurried inside. I heard Fred coming after me but I was much too embarrassed to talk to him. George and Lee looked at me from their spots on the couch.

“Oh hey, Seph.” George said, very innocently. I shooed him away and walked up to my dormitory. Ginny was lying on her bed, reading Hogwarts; A History. I sat down beside her.

“You’re still reading that?” I asked. She didn’t even look at me.

“It’s pretty interesting.” Ginny offered.  I laid back and sighed. I needed to talk to someone. Not Serena because relationship issues weren’t exactly her favorite thing right now so Ginny was in for it but she obviously didn’t get the hint of my sighing. I tried again. Nothing. Once more. Ginny laid down the book carefully. “Is there something wrong?”

I considered her before sitting back up. “I don’t want to talk about it.” She scowled at me and picked her book up again. Then she sat it down again. “Where’s your necklace?” Ginny asked. I looked down. The necklace Fred and George had given me wasn’t around my neck.

“I don’t know. I put it on this morning. I think.”

She frowned. “Maybe it fell off.”

“I think I would have noticed.”

“True. Want help looking for it?” Ginny asked as I stood up. I shook my head.

“It’s fine. I’ll find it.” I walked out of the room and down the stairs. The common room was crowded and lucky for me because Fred was sitting beside George and Lee, looking over clipboards with Wheezes papers on them. I managed to slip out unseen. I walked down the staircase and down a few halls, retracing my steps. I looked in classrooms but no, the necklace was nowhere to be found. Finally, I figured ‘what the hell’ and went to the Prefect/Head Boy and Girl bathroom. I opened the door after saying the password and walked inside. I sort of tripped but managed to grab onto an unknown slippery object and when I looked up, there was a chiseled, gleaming bare chest right in my face. The slippery object was Wesley Boot’s arm. He was standing there, shirtless with a fluffy towel around his neck.

“Hello.” He said, seeming amused. I scowled at him and straightened up.

“Hi. Have you seen a necklace?” I asked, brushing a loose strand of hair that had fallen from my ponytail behind my ear.

“Uh you mean-” Wesley dug around in the pockets of his khakis. “-this?” he pulled out my necklace, holding it by the chain.

I reached for the necklace but he swung it away and caught the flower in his hand. “What do you say?”  I was getting tired of this pompous jerk.

“I say that it’s mine and give it back.”

“Watch your manners, Tate.” But he laid the necklace in my outstretched hand anyway.

“Bite me, Boot.” And I walked out of the bathroom, glad I had found m

“Watch your manners, Tate.” But he laid the necklace in my outstretched hand anyway.

“Bite me, Boot.” And I walked out of the bathroom, glad I had found my necklace but wondering why Wesley had it. I only didn’t see Wesley put his hands in his pockets and smiling at me as I walked out.

*

Zoey’s P.O.V.

It’s not as if I cared. He could do whatever he damn pleased. Damn skank. Bloody hell. Maybe I do care. Damn it. Damn. Damn. Damn it! This is what I was thinking as I walked down to the Slytherin common room. “Purebloods.” I said and the portrait swung open. Then I walked right back out. Ran, really. I was freaking out. Sitting there on the bleeding couch in the bloody common room were Draco and his new girlfriend, snogging. Well I guess she was his old girlfriend, actually, considering he had been dating her since last year. The god damn cheater. But I was jealous. So? It’s okay. Right? But come on! He had three bloody girls hanging onto him for years. Me, Pansy Parkinson, and Jasmina something or other. Screw him. But I wanted him back. Kind of. Ish. I did, didn’t I? Did I? God! I mean, I was by far prettier than Jasmina and I was ten million times prettier than Parkinson. She has stupid curly hair. Mine is all straight and pretty. And maybe she is pretty but me? I’m smoking. My baby made me a total babe. No pun intended.

“What’cha doing?” a familiar voice said. I looked up only to see Isis, looking all innocently down at me; I had collapsed onto the floor.

“Nothing.” I said, blinking up at her.

“Okay, I’m gonna go inside now.” Isis said the password before I could do anything but I reached over and grabbed her ankle-boot clad foot. “No!” I cried. She fell with a shriek and landed on her arms, in the common room. Right in front of Draco and Jasmina. They broke apart and looked at us. It must’ve been really weird looking; Isis looking at them, her purple eyes huge with shock, and her jet black bangs were messy in her face, me grabbing Isis’s foot, about a foot away from the door, looking in at them as well, my blond hair messy and both of us laying on the floor.

“Zoey?” Draco stood up and Jasmina frowned at us.

“What are you doing?” Jasmina added. Isis glanced at me.

“Isn’t it obvious?” she blurted.

“Yeah.” I said. “We’re um- looking for her bunny.”

Isis looked at me.“I don’t have a bunny.” She whispered.

“Well you do now.” I snapped back. We both smiled at Draco.

“Yup, looking for my bunny um- BunBun.”

“But it looks like he’s not here, so we’re gonna go. So bye!” I jumped up and ran off, Isis right behind me. Once we got to the Entrance Hall we were completely out of breath. I stopped and leaned up against the wall. Isis walked up behind me and sighed. I looked at her and let out a breath. She laughed. “Hey, you know what’s funny?” she asked.

“Hm?”

Isis hit me on the arm. “That! What the hell was that all about?” she cried. I scowled at her.

“I don’t know!”

“And who was that girl? Because I’m going to kill her!”She seemed to realize that I minded. I smiled weakly.

“Just some freak Jasmina something.”

Isis frowned. “Jasmina Stephan?”

I shrugged. “Sure. But the thing is; Draco’s been seeing her for longer than we’ve been broken up.” I bit my lip and shrugged. “But, you know, it’s not a big deal.” Isis wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

“Yeah, it is. You still love him.”

I glanced at her. “So what? He’s moved on.”