Forever Mine Chapter 47

As soon as the Weasley’s got home I jumped up and ran downstairs, not bothering to be quiet while going past Mrs. Black.

“Ginny!” I cried, running into the kitchen. She looked up at me. “Come on!” I pulled her back up the stairs. Once we were safely in the room, I tugged her down on the bed beside me. “He’s in love with my mother!”

She frowned at me. “What?”

“Sirius! He’s in love with my mother!”

She raised her eyebrows. “Really?”

“Yeah! He said so while you were gone!”

“He just came out and said it?”

“Yeah! I thought it was weird too but that’s not the point!”

“What is the point?” She asked, stretching out on the bed.

“Isn’t it obvious?” I lay beside her. “We’ve got to get them together!” She frowned at me.

“You want to set your mum and Sirius Black up? That’s ridiculous! It’s not as if they can go out. Sirius is stuck in this house. And anyways…” Her voice softened. “It hasn’t been that long since your dad…” Ginny let her voice trail off and I sighed.

“Maybe you’re right.”

We laid in silence for a minute or two until finally. “But then again they have both been alone for a while.” She began. I smiled.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.”

*

Ginny stood in the kitchen minutes later, me standing a safe distance away from Mrs. Weasley behind her. “Mum, I think we should invite Seph’s mum to stay for Christmas.” She said, slowly approaching Mrs. Weasley, who as always was cooking.

 “That’s a good idea, Ginny.” Said Molly happily. Mrs. Weasley had gradually become more relaxed since the hospital visit. “I’ll write her right away.” And she did. Ginny gave me a smile as we waited to take the letter and send it off with Pigwidgeon. Our insane plan might actually work.

*

“It was really kind of you to invite me for Christmas, Molly.” My mother said as we sat down for dinner. Ginny and I had insisted she sit beside Sirius, who still wasn’t in the kitchen. I sat between Fred and Ginny, who was smiling at me in a knowing way. Then Sirius walked in. His eyes landed on my mother and then shot to me. I sipped my drink innocently.

“Sirius you can sit there by Sylvia.” Mrs. Weasley said, carrying a basket of rolls over and laying it on the table. Sirius blinked at me.

“Right.” He sat, reaching for a roll. My mother reached for one at the same time. Ginny tried to hold in a snigger as their hands touched. Very clichéd. I smiled as Sirius jerked his hand away and gave me an enraged look. “Seph. Can I talk to you?” He asked. I raised my eyebrows.

“Sure, Sirius.” I stood up and followed him out of the room, everyone watching us. He didn’t stop walking until we were up the stairs and in the sitting room.

“What are you doing?” He scowled, pacing. I watched.

“I’m not doing anything.” I said. He stopped.

“Yes, you are.”

“I’m not- Hey what’s that?” I looked past him at a tapestry on the wall.

“Oh. The Black Family Tree.”

I examined it. “Cool.” Wait. A familiar name caught my eye. Mandela. I cocked my head and examined the name. Mandela Black. And connected to it was Joseph Tate. And below that? Danielle Tate.