Forever Mine Chapter 50

I was so glad Wesley had come to get me when he did. Once we made it, nearly out of breath from running all the way, into the courtyard Umbridge was standing in front of a very shaken-looking Professor Trelawney. It was so quiet that you could hear what was going on from all the way back in the Great Hall where Wesley, the twins, and I were. The only sounds were Pavarti Patil and Lavender Brown sniffing quietly as their favorite teacher got sacked.

“Hogwarts is my home.” Professor Trelawney said with a shaky voice. “You can’t do this.”

Despite how much I hated her class I couldn’t help but feeling bad for her. Even if she was a fraud. “Actually I can.” Said Umbridge in her soft voice that hid her evilness. Professor McGonagall broke out of a group of students at the end of the yard and hurried to Trelawney.

“Something you’d like to say, dear?” Umbridge asked McGonagall as she embraced the Divination professor.

“Oh, there are several things I would like to say.”

“Please do.” I whispered. Fred and George smiled beside me, arms crossed over their chests, not taking their eyes off the scene. The doors behind us creaked open and everyone turned to see Dumbledore in all of his old, bearded glory standing in the doorway. He really did look cool. The doors opened perfectly around him but his blue eyes were cloudy and angry behind his glasses. He walked towards the group of teachers hastily, brushing his robes back as he did so.

“Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?” He asked calmly. I think all of us swallowed nervously at the same time. Dumbledore, despite his calm stature, seemed angrier than I’d ever seen him. Trelawney burst into tears again as McGonagall escorted her forward, murmuring something quietly.

“Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree Number 23-”

 Fred turned to me. “Oi. George and I were thinking about ditching Dark Arts tomorrow and sneaking to Hogsmeade. You want to come?”

I nodded, still not taking my eyes off of Dumbledore and Umbridge, who were arguing. “Sure. I wanted to visit Sylvia.”

“You can’t do that.” Wesley said suddenly. All three of us looked at him.

“Don’t be a kill joy, Wesley.”

“You could get hurt.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, I’m so sure I’ll get hurt from sneaking to Hogsmeade and seeing my mother. Now sh. I’m trying to listen.”

But I was too late. Dumbledore turned and stormed out of the courtyard. “Don’t you all have studying to do?” He shouted. I frowned, disappointed I’d missed it, and followed the crowd as we walked back into the castle. Fred and George were muttering amongst themselves but Wesley caught my sleeve.

“Don’t go to Hogsmeade. You’ll get in trouble.”

“Worry about yourself, Wesley. Get something for that cold.” I’d noticed that his voice sounded nasally. He gave me an exasperated look.

“Seph, come on!” George called as he and Fred stood to the side, waiting for me to go to our next class. I smiled at Wesley.

“Don’t worry. I can take care of myself.” I punched his arm playfully and man, he had fast reflexes. He grabbed my wrist and held my hand to his face. Oh I’d forgotten about that.

“What’s this?” He asked. I yanked my hand away defensively.

“Nothing. I have to go.”

*