Forever Mine Chapter 33

Fred and I were sitting in his dormitory playing Wizards Chess.

“I’m terrible.” I groaned as he won for the third time. It was after dinner and the common room was packed, that’s why we were in his room. Even though I technically wasn’t supposed to be.

“No.” he said sarcastically. I scowled at him and leaned against Lee Jordan’s bed.

“I’m really bored. I need entertainment.” I muttered, looking down at my shoes. Fred smirked.

“I have an idea.” He slid the chessboard out from in between us. I giggled as he sort of crawled over to me. He sat beside me and we looked into each other’s eyes for a moment. Then he reached over and pushed a loose strand of hair behind my ear. But he didn’t remove his hand. He stroked my cheek and I closed my eyes, pleasure seeping through me. He brought his lips to mine and kissed me softly, his hand on the small of my back, bringing me closer to him. His tongue ran along my bottom lip and I ran my hands through his hair, which felt weird because it was so very short. He placed his hands on my waist and kind of lifted me onto him. A leg on either side of his body. I sat up, my hands now holding his face to mine. He leaned forward, so much that we fell backwards on the carpet. Not letting anything distract us, he brought my leg up around his waist as we kissed. This had to be our longest kiss yet. I mean, we snog all the time –hey, it’s part of being a teenager- but never nonstop for this long. And it had never gotten this heated. It was extremely nice, don’t get me wrong, but it was also weird. I mean, butterflies were flitting around in my stomach as he ran his hands down my stomach. I sighed happily, running my hands over his chest. His hands were under my shirt now. I tugged it off and it landed on the floor. Fred sat up quickly, his face red.

 “I think we’d better stop.” He said. I blinked a few times.

“Why?”

He swallowed. “We shouldn’t.”

I was rather hurt. “Y-you don’t want me?” I asked. He looked at me with wide eyes.

“No- I-” he began. I groaned, standing up and pulling my shirt back on.

“I’m such an idiot.” I muttered. I walked out of the dorm, my cheeks burning

“Seph!”  He called after me. I walked hurriedly down the stairs and into the common room, glad that George and Lee were entertaining everyone so attention wouldn’t be on me. I turned and walked up the stairs to my dorm, my face hot, feeling like an idiot. Of course he didn’t want me, I mean sure we’re engaged but that doesn’t mean he’s sexually attracted to me.

You’re an idiot, Seph. That’s exactly what it means. The little voice in my head said.

“Yeah well why didn’t he want to?” I said this aloud, shocking myself and most definitely shocking Ginny and Serena, who were sitting on Ginny’s bed, studying.

“Who didn’t want to do what?” Ginny asked, looking up from her book. I scowled.

“Nothing.” I shut the door behind me and sat beside them. I pretended to be interested in whatever they were studying but they were looking at each other skeptically. The door flew open and all three of us looked up. Fred stood in the door way. He frowned at me.

“What the hell?” he asked. I swallowed. “Why’d you leave?”

Serena and Ginny exchanged glances and they both stood. “We’ll be back.” Ginny said, leading the way out of the room, closing the door behind her. I blinked up at him.

“I was embarrassed.” I admitted.

“I got that. But why?” he sat beside me.

“’Cause.” I began. “I thought you aren’t attracted to me like that.” It all sounded really stupid. He smiled.

“That’s crazy.” He said. I shrugged.

“Why didn’t you want me?”

He sighed “I was trying to stop myself. I figured you’d want to wait until we got married. And you had to go and take off your shirt.” He said bitterly. I giggled.

“Sorry.”  

He smiled and kissed me. “Don’t be.”