Forever Mine Chapter 61

And That's Why I Love Him

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend Emily. If it weren't for her I probably wouldn't still be writing this story. Love you, Shmemily!!!

“I didn’t even know this place existed.” I mumbled as George pushed open the door, only holding it long enough for me to enter the bathroom behind him.

“It’s just a bathroom.”

“Yeah,” I said, looking around at the Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes boxes that were either stacked neatly against the wall or laying open on two of the three desks that Fred and George had apparently brought in here.  “But it’s like your guys’ laboratory. How long have you had this?”

George shrugged, flicking a glass vial that was sitting on one of the desks. The ting echoed through the room. “Last year.”

“And you never told me about it?”

He gave me a mischievous look. “No girls allowed.”

“Very funny. And now I am?”

“Well,” his face turned solemn. “You aren’t really supposed to be here. But I felt bad for you. You looked so pathetically sad. ”

“Gee thanks.”

“I’m sure Fred and Lee won’t-”

“George, what’s she doing here?” Lee walked in then, tipping his nonexistent hat to me with a flirty smile. Fred, who followed close behind, gave him an annoyed look, which I interpreted as jealousy. Jealousy? Fred was jealous? Fred was jealous! Fred was jealous… I wasn’t sure how I felt about that.

“Sorry.” I immediately felt like an intruder. “Didn’t mean to burst your boy’s only bubble. I’ll go now.”

“No!” Fred shouted, shocking us all. “I mean- ahem” he cleared his throat. “We probably should’ve invited you anyway… George, why didn’t you remind me to invite her?”

“Well it doesn’t matter, does it? She’s here now.”

"Why should you have invited me?" I asked, looking from one twin to the other. They both raised theire eyebrows at me.

"You're running Wheezes with us." Fred stated like it had been obvious.

"Wait. You still want me to?"

"Why wouldn't we?" George asked.

"You're still our Seph." Fred added. I blushed, pleased.

“Seph, why do you have a bruise on your arm?” Lee commented suddenly. I looked down and saw the bruise he was talking about. It was right where the Slytherin had had a death grip on my lower arm. Blue and yellow and black splotchiness was forming in a rather large spot. I winced and George gave me a concerned look.

“Oh that?” I asked, trying to seem unconcerned. “Ginny. You wouldn’t believe how strong a grip that girl has.”

“It’s true.” said Fred, “she destroys me at arm wrestling.”

I laughed. “Maybe you’re just a wimp.”

He scoffed. “I’d like to see you beat me.”

“I’ll accept that challenge.”

George and Lee “oohed” immaturely as Fred scowled and didn’t say anything. “C’mon, Fred,” Lee urged.

“Yeah, Fred,” I said, smiling and flexing my muscle-less arms. “unless you’re scared.”

“I am, actually,” said Fred. George and Lee laughed, pulling two chairs up to one of the less messy tables and clearing the half-eaten products and vials of half finished love potions that were sitting atop order forms of the table top.

“Well come on.” I sat in one of the chairs and sat my elbow on the table.

“Yeah, come on, Fred!” George and Lee hooted. I laughed and eventually Fred sat down.

“Don’t worry.” I whispered. “I’ll go easy on you.”

Of course, this was all joking. We all knew that Fred could easily destroy me, being a guy and twice my weight and height. He could pick me up and carry me all the way to Hagrid’s without breaking a sweat. His warm hand wrapped around my freezing cold one and I soaked up his warmth, smiling inside as he noticed the shockingly cool temperature of my hand and grabbed my other off the table and clasped it in his left hand as well. It felt nice to have his hands around mine. We sat there, holding hands, him looking into my eyes like they were the key to all the secrets in the universe.

“I thought you two were over each other.” George said suddenly. I blushed deeply and cleared my throat, pulling my hand from Fred’s and positioning it again. His face fell.

“Okay,” Lee and George watched us intensely. “Go!”

Fred pushed against my hand and I pushed back, a smirk growing on my lips. His smile quickly came back as we wrestled. Soon, my hand was barely an inch away from the table. George and Lee were groaning in disappointment when all force in Fred’s hand went away and I slammed his hand on the table.

“Haha!” I cried, jumping up even though he had completely let me win. “I win!” George and Lee erupted into cheers and started talking. I sat back down across from Fred, who was smiling with his arms crossed, watching me. “You let me win.”

“I’ve no idea what you’re talking about, Seph.” he said innocently, looking at me with wide cerulean eyes.

“Why?”

Fred kept smiling but it faltered a bit. “I don’t believe it, you know.” I glanced down at my hands, which were in my lap. I knew perfectly well what he was speaking of. “You wouldn’t do something like that.”

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I slowly looked back up at him. “You’re the only one.”

“I don’t think so.” He replied quickly. A small smile spread across my lips and I stood, walking slowly around the table and leaning down. My lips met his cheeks in a slow, uncertain kiss. I could practically feel the heat rising to his face. I heard a click but ignored it.

“Thanks, Fred.” I whispered into his ear, then noticing George and Lee watching me pulled away with a quick smirk at them. “See you, boys.” I walked out, not even minding that the whole point of this was a meeting I was supposed to be at that I was completely ditching.

“Apparently not.” I heard Lee murmur to George and it wasn’t until later that I realized what they were talking about.

*

A/N: So sorry for the shortness. ^_^ I hope you liked it. It took me forever to write this because my daddy kept throwing paper airplanes and they distracted me with their awesomeness. Anyway, I know I normally post on weekends but I got this idea earlier and I will post again on Sunday, if not before. :)

By the way, thank you all so so much for the 50,198 reads on this story. It means so much to me that you all like my writing. I started writing when I was like 7 but didn't think anything of it until last Christmas and now it's my life and that wouldn't have happened if not for you guys. I love you all so so much.

~Kristen