Forever Mine Chapter 4

Fred, George, Ginny, Ron, Harry, and I sat in the compartment on the Hogwarts Express. The boys were talking about Quidditch and Ginny and I were talking about how the boys were always talking about Quidditch.

“I mean honestly, I love Quidditch as well, but I don’t live and breathe it like the boys do.” I leaned away from Ron as he threw his hands in the air, dangerously close to my face, talking animatedly about a Quidditch player, Viktor Krum.

Ginny nodded and popped a Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Bean into her mouth. “I know! It’s almost as if they’re in love with it! Honestly, I think Ron would marry Viktor Krum if he could.”

I giggled and Ginny pulled the bean out of her mouth with a disgusted look on her face. “Ugh, spinach.” I lay back until my head was in her lap and sighed. “How much longer until we get to King’s Cross?”  she shrugged and began playing with my hair, “Dunno, two hours, maybe.” I groaned and picked my feet off the ground, bringing them to Fred’s, who was sitting on my other side, lap. He stopped talking to George, who was sitting across from him, and frowned down, at my feet. He then looked at me, 

“Comfortable?” he asked. I smiled widely; “Very much so, thanks.” Fred rolled his eyes and continued talking to George. I sighed, contentedly as Ginny played with my hair and laid there for about ten minutes until Ginny frowned.

“I’m hungry.” She said. I opened my eyes, “Again? Dear Merlin, Gin, you just ate practically the whole snack trolley not even fifteen minutes ago! How are you hungry already?” She shrugged and got up quickly, causing my head to fall hard onto the seat, unprotected. I leaned up, rubbing me head.

“Ow.” I said, glaring at Ginny, the teensy eleven year-old that caused me so much pain. She just smiled at me sweetly, “Coming? Or are you going to stay in here with these barbarians?” I tried to stand up, accidentally kicking Fred in the… Well, you know… as I did so. He groaned and fell off the seat, doubling over in pain on the floor. I didn’t even kick him that hard… Okay, I did, but not on purpose! I bent down beside him and put my hand on his back.

“Oh, Fred, I’m so so sorry!” I cried as he lay there on the floor. George and Ginny were laughing their heads off. Finally, when George could catch his breath, he said; “Careful, Seph, You wouldn’t want him to lose his manhood before you get your chance.” I felt my face get extremely hot and Ginny marched to my side.

“Shut up, George.” She snapped, and with that she grabbed my arm and led me out of the compartment.

“It’s no big deal, Ginny.” I said, my face still hot with embarrassment. She just looked at me and raised her eyebrows, “Sure it isn’t. You should’ve seen your face, it was just mean.” She stopped, “Plus, I wanted to go find that candy trolley lady.” I giggled. “How do you stay so tiny when you eat all the time?” I asked. She smiled and shrugged, looking down at her feet. We walked further down the little hall, Ginny searching for food and I just following, looking out the windows, not really paying attention to where we were going. Suddenly I heard an “OOF!” and looked in front of me to see a startled Harry and Ron. Ginny was in Harry’s arms, blushing.

“Sorry, Harry.” She said in her sweetest voice, looking up at him fondly as he pushed her back onto her feet.  I couldn’t help but smile, little kid love was so cute! Ginny often blabbed on and on and on about Harry, during meals, at night, she even randomly woke me up once at 2:00 in the morning to talk about Harry. 

“No problem, Ginny.” Harry smiled back, clearly not noting that she was desperately in love with him. Ginny and I moved aside and let Harry and Ron walk past. Ron smiled at me, blushing. I wasn’t nearly as naïve as Harry and noticed that Ron liked me, but whatever. Ginny seemed to notice Ron blushing at me and frowned.