Forever Mine Chapter 67

I broke away, -rather regretfully- looking up at the person standing there. Wesley's eyes were narrowed and his arms were crossed over his chest. I scooted off of Fred's lap but he didn't let go of me. "W-Wesley." I stuttered. Fred's hold tightened even more around my waist, nearly knocking the breath out of me. All of those Quidditch practices had given him muscles

"Hello, Seph.” His jaw was clenched as he greeted me. “Fred."

Fred gave him a blank, sarcastic look that I rolled my eyes at. "Wesley." He replied.

I slipped Fred's arm off of me and stood. "Well, at least you two aren't pissing all over me."

“What on earth are you talking about?” Wesley asked. I scowled at him as I felt Fred’s arms snake around my waist again. That was the whole point of me standing, I wanted to say. Instead I shifted uncomfortably.

"Now Seph, why would I piss on you?” Fred spoke with his normal sarcasm but didn’t loosen his grip on me.  “I would imagine it would burn your eyes.”

Okay, I was trying not to laugh. Wesley’s eyes were like flames. Flames that were slowly eating me and Fred. It was sort of frightening.

“Well, not that I wouldn’t love to stand here and exchange brooding stares but I think that I would rather be doing… Well, anything other than this, really. Come on, Fred.”

“So, you two are together again?” Wesley asked as I tried pulling Fred down the opposite hall.

“No.” I snapped.

“Yes.” Fred blurted.

Fred and I exchanged glances. And Wesley, just like he’d planned it, turned and walked away.

Fred blinked at me. “What do you mean saying ‘no’?” he asked. I frowned.

“Well, what do you mean saying ‘yes’?”

“I mean, you kissed me-”

“It was group participation!”

He scowled. “Let me finish.”

“Don’t be mean.”

“Well if you’d shut up, maybe I wouldn’t have to.”

“Well if you meh meh meh meh meh meh.” I mocked. Fred shook his head with a smile that he was trying to hide.

“Will you be serious for a second?”

“You’re one to talk!”

“Just sh!”

“I don’t-”

“Sh!”

“I don’t see why I should!”

“Sh!”

“NO!”

Suddenly I was up against the wall and his lips were crushed against mine once more, his own arms caging me in. I threw my arms around his neck yet again but, just as quick as it began, the kiss ended. “Are,” Fred said as he caught his breath and I caught mine, “we together?”

I swallowed. “N-no.”

He threw his head back in frustration. “If I kiss you again, will it change your mind?”

“No.” I hesitated.

“Are you sure?”

“I don’t want to find out.”

His shoulders lagged. “Right. D-do you want me to walk you back up to your room?”

Ugh. Of course, stupid me. My natural defense against Fred Weasley is the word no. I knew that if I say yes, even once, I probably never would be able to say no to him again. And honestly? I was scared of saying yes. I was scared of being with him. Because being with Fred meant being open to heartbreak. And I couldn’t take any more of that.