Forever Mine Chapter 23

I scowl at her and Sirius stands up and walks over. He tugs the letter out of Fred’s frozen hands. Not even kidding. Fred and George are rooted on the spot, their mouths wide open, and Fred doesn’t even bother to move his hand now that there’s nothing in it for him to hold. Sirius reads it and a huge smile breaks out on his face.

“Congratulations, Seph. I’m proud of you.”

And that means a lot to me, it really does. In these past two months Sirius has been more like a father to me than my own father has ever been. But right now I’m too focused on Fred and George. I manage to give him a weak smile. Mrs. Weasley comes over from where she was fussing over Ron.

“What’s going on? Fred, George, close your mouths. You’ll catch flies.” She says. Sirius hands her the letter, still beaming at me. “Oh! Well this is a cause for celebration!”

A voice startles us all. “Not celebration.” Fred croaks.

“Demoralization.” George mumbles. They both turn and make their way miserably out of the kitchen.

“Oh.” Hermione says sounding sincerely shocked. “They don’t seem happy for you.”

“They’re just mad because that means you can’t prank with them anymore.” Ginny mutters. I whimper.

“No way! Just because I’m Head Girl doesn’t mean I can’t prank.”

“Well yeah but you’d probably get privileges taken away.” Ron says, sitting down at the table.

“Like I care.” I really don’t. I need to go talk to Fred and George.

“You will not be pranking anymore!” Mrs. Weasley cries.

“What? W- why not?” I stop short.

“You’re the third person in this family Head Boy or Girl. I don’t want you ruining that.” Her voice is softer now. I swallow the lump that formed in my throat.

“Y-you consider me part of your family?”

“Well of course, dear. I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised if Fred popped the question anytime now. He- he really loves you, you know.”

I sigh, forgetting everyone watching us. “Actually, Mrs. Weasley…” I hold up my hand, showing her my ring. She gasps and puts a hand to her mouth. Ginny squeals and Ron groans. Mrs. Weasley’s expression is so full of shock, I’m not sure if she’s angry or not. Suddenly, she pulls me into a hug.

“I’m so happy for you!” Mrs. Weasley whispers. I let out a relieved puff of air. That was really easy.

*

I tiptoe upstairs and up to the door to the twin’s room. I peek inside and see Fred and George sitting on Fred’s bed cross-legged, whispering about something. George, who is facing the door, looks up and see’s me. His eyes narrow and I smile back at him. Then he looks back at something sitting between him and Fred. I walk in and sit on George’s bed. Neither of them looks up. I sigh and lean forward.

“What are you doing?” I ask. They are filling out order sheets.

“Making order forms for the shop.” Fred says. Hah! He can’t ignore me. I knew it.

“Shop?” What shop?” I shift so my feet are beneath me.

“Our company.”

Company? “What?” I feel completely clueless. But then again, I am

George looks up at Fred, his eyebrows raised. “You didn’t tell her?” he cries.

Fred looks up also. “Oh yeah… I forgot.”

“How could you forget? You see her every minute of every day!” They’ve completely forgotten about me. I look at them.

“Were you planning on telling me about this soon?” I ask. They both look at me.

“Oh. Yeah,” Fred says. “Um, you know the money Harry got for winning the Triwizard Tournament?”

“Yeah.” I say hesitantly.

“Well he sort of gave it to us because he knows we want to set up a joke shop.” George continues.

“I wasn’t aware of this.” I’m sincerely hurt that they haven’t told me about this.

“And now we have enough money to do it. We’ve already found a shop in Diagon Alley. We were going to go and look at it tomorrow when we go to buy all our books.”

“Oh.”

“And, Seph, would you like to run Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes with us?” Fred looks at me all innocent with a touch of Fred mischief. I giggle.

“Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes? I feel so left out of the company name.”

“Well you will be a Weasley.” George points out. True…

“So?” Fred asks. “Will you run the shop with us?”

I smirk. “But of course. And you two won’t be mad about me being Head Girl.”

Their smiles disappear after ‘But of course.’

“Ah yes, that.” George says.

Fred scowls at me. “Get out.”

Rude.