Forever Mine Chapter 6

The next day I woke at eight thirty and took a quick shower, today was Wednesday, Hogsmeade day, we didn’t have classes today. I got out of the shower and changed into a pair of jeans, a long sleeved white t-shirt with a black and white checkered jacket over it and my black Converses. I grabbed my wand and used the instant drying spell to dry my hair and then used magic to straighten my hair. I took the sparkly black hair clip and stuck it in my hair again. I sighed and walked down to the common room, knowing Fred and George wouldn’t be up until the last minute before we had to leave for Hogsmeade, I continued down the Great Hall. Once I got there, I sat down at the Gryffindor table and grabbed a piece of toast. There weren’t many people awake yet, the lazy bums.

“Hey.” I heard a voice and looked up at him, Cedric Diggory. I nearly choked.

“Oh, hi.” I said, clearing my throat. He just smiled and sat beside me. “What are you doing?” I asked, “You’re in Hufflepuff.”

He shrugged, “Yeah, I know. I wanted to talk to you.”

“Oh.” He nodded.

“So?” I asked, waiting for him to speak. He looked nervous, and then suddenly; “DoyouwantogotoHogsmeadewithmelikeonadate?” I gaped at him.

“Okay, that was way too fast, you’re going to have to say that again.”

He sighed, “Do you want to go to Hogsmeade with me… like on a date?” he looked pleased with himself.  I gasped.

“Oh.” Was all I could say, I couldn’t believe I was just asked out by a guy that was older than me, only by a year, but still. “Ce-Cedric, I’m sorry, but I’m actually dating someone.” I said, biting my lip.

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“Who?” he asked.

“Erm, Fred Weasley.”

“Oh.” He repeated.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered, and I was, for God know what reason.

“It’s fine,” he got up and walked back to his table, obviously hurt.

Wow… I didn’t even think I was capable of making someone look so sad.

I turned back to my food and just then Fred and George came in the Great Hall, laughing and pushing each other.

“Hey.” Fred said, kissing me cheek. I smiled at him but couldn’t help but notice the bronze-haired boy staring at us.

Fred, George, Serena, and I walked down to the little village, Serena and I were walking together, laughing at the boys, who had their arms looped around each other’s and were skipping down the path, singing. We finally made it to Hogsmeade and our first stop was Zonko’s. We walked in the warm shop and began looking around. After about an hour in there we decided to head down to the Shrieking Shack. We walked down the hill toward the haunted place and stopped at the gate, gazing at the dark creepy house.

“Should we try to get closer?” George asked us.

“Course,” Fred replied. They attempted to unlock, climb under, crawl under, and break through the gate but nothing worked.

“Damn.” Fred muttered, rattling the gate angrily.

“What are you doing, Weasley?” a familiar voice said. We all turned around, it was Cedric.  I huffed angrily; I knew where this was going.

“None of your business, Diggory,” Fred snapped.

“Oh.” Cedric said, then he turned away from Fred and then to me, “You sure you don’t want to ditch Weasley and come with me?” he asked. I rolled my eyes.