Forever Mine Chapter 34

The first Hogsmeade weekend came quickly. Harry, Ron, and Hermione wanted to hold a meeting for something. Something about teaching a sort of Defense Against the Dark Arts class since our real DADA was terrible. Fred and George were decked out in their cute homemade sweaters that I just couldn’t help making fun of. I was still a bit embarrassed to talk to George. I was sure he didn’t remember kissing me because he acted like everything was perfectly normal. Once we went past Honeydukes we were out of the town center and into the part of the town where the cottages were more frequent and had big gardens, ect.

“Where is it that we’re going again?” I asked, stumbling along now, having to hold onto Fred’s hand just to keep going. “I can’t walk anymore.” They laughed at me.

“You need to get in shape.” Fred said. I glared at him.

“No way.” I muttered.

“Anyway we’re here.” George pointed to a rundown inn in front of us.

“The Hogs Head?” I read. “Creepy.”  We walked in, taking seats among all of the other people there. All of our attention was turned to Ron, Hermione, and Harry, all of whom look rather nervous.

“Um… Hi. So you all know why you’re here. We need a teacher… A proper teacher. One who’s had real experience defending-. ”

I tuned out Hermione, focusing more on Fred running his hand on my leg. I blushed. Then I focused back in.

“’Cause You-Know-Who’s back, you toss pot.” Ron snapped. I leaned into Fred.

“What’s going on?”

“Ronald’s getting mad.” He replied. I smirked.

“So he says.” Some kid said.

“So Dumbledore says.” Hermione argued like that settled it.

“So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is; where’s the proof?”

I noticed Harry sigh angrily. I shot him I sympathetic look. These kids… They were really very annoying. “If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed.” The boy next to Ginny said softly. Everyone winced. Cedric was still a touchy topic. I wanted Harry to stand up for himself. And sure enough, he did. He stood up.

“I’m not going to talk about Cedric,” He began. “So if that’s why you’re here you might as well clear out now.”

A few people shifted uncomfortably and I had the feeling that was exactly why they were here. Honestly the only reason I’d come was because I had nothing better to do. I noticed Serena standing in a corner, her arms crossed with a look of extreme interest on her face. A few boys weren’t even paying attention, they were just watching her. “Come on, Hermione, let’s go, they’re just here because they think I’m some sort of freak.” Harry muttered to Hermione. She shook her head, reaching out to him.

“Harry, wait!”

“Is it true you can produce a patronus charm?” A sweet-sounding voice rang out from the back of the room. Everyone turned and looked at the girl standing by Cho Chang. With her white blonde hair and odd expression, I recognized her immediately; Loony Lovegood. Harry hesitated.

“Yes.” Hermione answered for him. I noticed that she was getting prettier. I got why Ron liked her, even if he didn’t know yet. “I’ve seen it.”

“Blimey, Harry. I didn’t know you could do that.” I called. Hell, I couldn’t even do that.

“A-and he killed a basilisk.” Neville Longbottom stuttered. “With the sword in Dumbledore’s office.”