Forever Mine Chapter 25

Ginny and I walk out of Ollivanders and I guess we both look really shocked because Fred and George both look up at us from their spots where they’re sitting on the sidewalk. I keep walking when Ginny stops to talk to them.

“Oy!” Fred calls after me. I don’t turn around. There’s something I have to know. I walk as fast as possible to the wall that leads back into the Leaky Cauldron and I take the wand out of my pocket. The wand that is causing this. I tap the bricks and I can hear feet slapping the pavement quickly behind me. The bricks form an archway and I walk through into the back alley behind the Leaky Cauldron. A warlock coming out of the pub holds the door open for me. I don’t even bother to thank him because you know, warlocks aren’t generally very friendly. Tom the innkeeper looks up from his spot at the bar as I walk up to him.

“Can I use your fireplace?” I ask.

“It’ll cost you, miss. Don’t like to open it for strangers.”

I pull a galleon out of my jingling pocket. “That should cover it.”

He lets me behind the bar. I walk over to the dirt fireplace and grab a handful of the floo powder on the mantel above. “Seph!”

I look over. Fred and George are standing at the bar since Tom won’t let them pass. (PAUSE. Okay I don’t normally do this but I would totally appreciate it if you guys would pray –Even if you’re not a Christian- for Will Norton, the guy who got sucked up in the tornado. Thanks.) “What in the bloody hell are you doing?”

I see Ginny standing behind them. It may be stupid, but she knows why I’m doing this. “I’ll meet you guys back at Sirius’s house.” I duck into the fireplace. “Number Six Stayton Street!” and like that, I’m being shot through the Floo network. I see the inside of my living room and try to focus on that grate. Before I know it, I’m standing in the spotless fireplace in my living room. There’s a rustling and I look up. There is Danni with her blue hair, black t-shirt, and ripped up jeans. And this is what she says to me.

“You missed my birthday.”

I blink and step out of the fireplace. “Sorry.” I completely forgot about Danni’s fourteenth birthday. Not like I could come back.

She shrugs. “I managed to sneak out mid-way through cocktail hour. Rode my broom over to Fantasia’s.”

“Nice.”

“Yup. So,” she brushes a strand of hair out of her eyes. “What are you doing here, Seph? Mum’s going to be pissed.”

I snort, plopping down on an ottoman beside the fireplace. “Like I care. And anyways, I just need to ask her a question.”

“Oh yeah? What’s that?”

“Erm. Nothing, forget it. Is she here?” I say, standing back up.

“Yeah,” Danni looks at me suspiciously. I know she knows something’s up. “In the sun room.”

“Thanks.” I begin to walk out, shocked that my mother hadn’t heard Danni and me talking.

“I hear you’re getting married.” I stop and turn back around.

“Oh. That. Yeah, Fred asked me before school let out.”

And then she does the most un-Danni like thing ever. She runs over and hugs me. “Good.” She whispers into my hair. And then, since Danni despises showing her feelings about anything, she shoves me away and leaves.

I sigh and make my way through the dining room and then into the sun room. I peek my head in first. My mother is lying on a couch, a washcloth over her eyes. You’d think since she’s an Auror and all, that she’d do something, but no. I tiptoe over to the couch and pull off the washcloth. She waves her hands around blindly for a moment and then notices that it was I who pulled it off.

“Persephone?” she squints at me.

I smirk. “In the flesh.” She starts to talk but I stop her. “Mum, there’s only one reason I came here. I plan to leave as soon as I get my answer and I just want you to answer truthfully.”

My mother tries to speak once more but I interrupt. “Funny thing, really. Ginny Weasley broke my wand and I had to get another.” I hold up my new wand. “So I went to Ollivanders and got this one. And can you guess what he told me?” Mandy blinks blankly. “That Rowena Ravenclaw owned this wand. And that she told Mr. Ollivander’s great something grandfather that the next owner of the wand would be her one and only heir. Would you care to explain?” She pales and stutters.

“We were going to tell you but I-“

 “Why didn’t you tell her?” I shout, angry now. “Danni has a right to know that she was adopted!”

Now my mother looks completely confused. “Danni?”

“Yes, Mother! Why didn’t you ever tell Danni that she was adopted?”

“Because!” My mother seems fed up with me screaming at her so she screams back. “She wasn’t adopted! You were!”

A cold feeling comes over me and my mother slaps her hand over her mouth. “Persephone I-”

I turn and run from the room as fast as I possibly can. My hand tense around my new wand. I run into the living room and throw Floo powder into the fireplace. I jump in just in time. “Grimmauld Place!” and then I’m pulled back through the dark world of Floo travel.

*

I stumble out of the fireplace at Grimmauld place and into the kitchen, every Weasley, Harry, Hermione, and Sirius, look up at me from the table. I gulp down tears and a loud, dry sob comes out.

“Seph?” Fred asks, standing up so quickly that his chair falls over, hitting Crookshanks. I don’t even flinch. Tears flow freely down my face. I just can’t believe that my parents kept this from me for sixteen years. I just shake my head at them all and run out. Making my way quickly upstairs to the room I have to myself, I hear arguing.

“She needs to be let be!” Mrs. Weasley whispers.

“She needs someone to comfort her!” George snaps.

“I’ll go.” It’s Ginny that speaks.

“I think we all know who she needs right now.” Sirius says quietly. I don’t hear anymore as I’m at the door to the room. I throw it open and then shut it silently behind me, not wanting to be any more dramatic. I walk over to the double bed and lay in a ball on top the covers. Tears fall onto the white pillowcase. I’m upset with myself for not figuring it out before, my family… I’m so stressed out right now. I haven’t bothered to plan anything for Fred and my wedding. School starts in three days. I sniff, tears still coming, when my door creaks open. My bed sinks a little as whoever it is crawls over next to me. Arms wrap around me and pull me close to a warm body.

“Sh…” Fred’s voice whispers soothingly, stroking my hair off my wet face. I don’t know how long we lay there but finally, I fall asleep.

                                                                                     *

A/N: I must admit, I did like this short chapter muchly!!! :D Not feeling so good... :(