Forever Mine Chapter 24

Before you read... Special thanks to avilisaxcdx1997 for helping me through this story and being there for me :D

A few hours later I’m sitting in the kitchen, helping Mrs. Weasley with dinner when Ginny, Fred, and George walk in slowly. I glance up from where I’m chopping tomatoes.

“Ah there you are. Get washed for dinner.” Mrs. Weasley says, pointing her wand dismissively at them. Ginny glances at Fred guiltily and then they all three look at me. I chop another tomato and red juice squirts on my fingers.

“What?” I ask, taking note of their red faces.

“I’m so sorry, Seph.” Ginny cries suddenly, startling Mrs. Weasley. “It was just sitting on the floor and I got up to go to the bathroom and Fred and George tried fixing it but-” her voice falters. I put the knife down and wipe the juice on my jeans. I notice something. There is no lump in my pocket where my wand normally is stowed when I’m not using it. I gasp as Ginny brought her hand from behind her back and opened it slowly. There, in broken pieces, lies my wand in all of its glory; oak with unicorn hair. I gasp and run over, snatching the six inch pieces out of her hands. Ginny had snapped my wand clean in half. It wasn’t even held together by splinters. “I’ll pay for another!” She adds. I know she can’t. The Weasley’s are the poorest people I know.

“You won’t.” I say with an air of authority that I despise. I clear my throat to knock out the lump forming. Every witch and wizard has a special bond with their wand. “I’ll buy one tomorrow. With my own money.” And I walk out of the kitchen.

*

The next day, I’m standing in front of Ollivanders, Ginny on my right and Fred and George on my left. Ginny had apologized about ten million times. And I’d forgiven her ten million and one. I had already gone to Gringotts and gotten into the vault my parents set up for Danni and I.

“So,” I say to Fred and George. “Are you two still mad?” They scowl at me.

“Yes.” George manages. “We’re only waiting for you because you don’t know where the shop is.”

Ginny scoffs as we walk she and I walk in together, leaving Fred and George on the crowded street. “The shop is so large you can’t miss it. They just can’t stay mad at you.”

I smile despite the fact that this is sad, the act of replacing my wand. Ginny stays behind me, she’s always said Ollivander crept her out, as I walk up to the counter and ding on the bell. Suddenly, an elderly man appears from in between two shelves. A man I remember from five years ago. And he remembers me as well.  

“Oak and unicorn hair, twelve inches precisely, and springy. Yes. I remember you.” He walks forward. “What happened to it?” he asks, referring to my wand.

“There was an… accident.” I don’t want to make Ginny feel bad. “It snapped.”

“Ah.” He doesn’t linger to talk and heads back down the aisle. In a moment, he comes back with a box. “It shouldn’t be nearly as hard for the wand to choose you this time. Now that we are aware of your feelings.” That really didn’t make any sense to me but nevertheless I gently lifted the top off of the box as he sat it on the counter and picked up the wand inside. “Cherry and dragon heartstring.” Ollivander whispers. I give the wand a wave and a mirror behind Ginny shatters, causing her to jump. “Perhaps… Not.” And then Ollivander disappears into another row of wand clad shelves. I glance at Ginny apologetically and she smiles back. “Here.”  Another wand box is being shoved under my nose. I look at it and back at Ollivander who looks about ready to burst with excitement.

“She said it would be soon… She said it would be…” he is muttering. I swallow nervously at these crazy mumbles but choose to ignore them and open the box. Inside is the most beautiful wand I have ever seen. It is made of dark, sleek wood and around the handle are beautiful engravings of tiny flowers. Vines –also engraved- make their way from the bottom of the wand to the top.  I’m almost afraid to touch it, it’s so pretty. But Mr. Ollivander nudges the box at me so I carefully lift the wand and give it a wave. A bright white light shoots out of the wand. It twirls down and around my hand and then back up and into the wand once more. I gasp. This is a feeling I never got with my other wand. “Dogwood, thirteen and a quarter inches with a single hair of the owner of the wand herself.” Ollivander squeaks, something that is rather unbecoming of an elder man. Ginny seems kind of freaked out as well.

“Sir.” She begins. “Who was the owner of the wand?”

Ollivander stops his obsessing and crazy whisperings and looks up at us both. “The owner of that wand told my many greats grandfather that the new owner of this wand would not come until I owned this shop. That the new owner would be the heir of the original owner. The sole heir.”

Ginny and I look at each other, shocked. I couldn’t possibly be the sole heir. I mean, there was Danni as well. She would have to be adopted. But Mr. Ollivander wasn’t finished.

“The owner of that wand… was Rowena Ravenclaw.”

*

A/N: Sorry for the incredibly short chapter... It just seemed like a good place to end it... Writing more now!