Forever Mine, Rewritten: Chapter 7

The name was spat like a curse but it shocked me like a charm, my stomach tugged and my head whipped around. Behold, the Stink-Bomb ginger strolled toward me with a brown school bag thrown carelessly over his shoulder, papers of various bright colors peeking out of scruffy-looking notebooks. When he came to the table, he drew a ruined potions textbook from the bag and sat it on his side. I blinked at it next to my brand-new copy, but then quickly looked away as to not seem rude. Snape continued his assignments and everyone else was silent as the SBG (Stink-Bomb ginger) sat on the stool beside me.

Today, SBG was wearing his hair back in a loose bun, and again loose strands framed his face effortlessly, although I swear it was purposely styled. A maroon and gold tie was peeking out of his white-collar, which was tucked into a thin black Hogwarts sweater, revealing him to be a Gryffindor. Typical. Then, I'm like wow, way to be a hypocrite, Seph, because I'm the one who spent an hour-and-a-half building a case against the problematic Hogwarts housing system. I silently curse the system for infiltrating my mind and try to examine the no-good SBG from an impartial perspective.

With his hair up, I have a great view of his neck, which is muscular and freckled. His ears are perfectly-sized and clean, (which seems weird, but ear hygiene is so important!) His arms continue the muscular theme, and in fact, his entire build is sturdy for someone so tall and lanky. His hands, which I got a good view of yesterday, look rough, but not in a manual-labor type of way; he just seemed like someone who liked to get into shit. His long fingers tapped silently on the tabletop, and as I watched intently, he smoothly whipped me the finger. I scoffed at the obscene gesture, which was repayment for yesterday, and finally met his gaze. He was grinning broadly, eyes sparkling just like before, and I swear something in me broke. Like, just snapped: nothing will ever be the same, earth-shattering, world-ending, absolutely broke. It happens to everyone, and this is how it happened to me.

I had to smile back - had to, his demeanor was so infectious, and we just sat there beaming at one another in complete silence. Then, a hand came and clamped down hard on SBG's shoulder, and we simultaneously looked up at the near-copy of SBG. SBG 2 was slightly shorter and had less nice lips, but the same impish look. He didn't say anything and merely passed by and took a seat at the final station in the far back left. SBG 1 turned in his seat and nodded at SBG 2, who was taking his place beside a Hufflepuff boy and returned the nod with an open smirk.

As SBG 2 was last to be seated, Snape then began a monotonous introduction to sixth-year Potions which I couldn't be bothered to listen to; my mind was too full of SBG 1 and 2! I thought it odd that there were two, although obviously, Seph, twins are a thing. But mostly I was intoxicated by my proximity to SBG 1, and for some reason felt pressed to know everything possible about him; although for now, just his name would do. I checked through F-names in my head as I watched Snape speak, and to my surprise, SBG was furiously taking notes beside me. When I tried to peer at what he was writing, he looped his left arm around the page like a child and drew his head down low to the desk, eyes scowling but mouth smirking. He turned away from me and continued writing.

I just looked at him incredulously, my mouth agape, when suddenly my name was being called, "Persephone Tate!" I snapped my head forward, eyes wide as I faced an especially angry Professor Snape, "Are you deaf, girl?"

"Obviously not, Professor," I responded without thinking, and a slight chorus of gasps rippled around the room. My mouth downturned, realizing what I'd done as Snape's lips snarled menacingly around his teeth.

"Foolish girl," he snapped, pacing the front of the room like a caged lion, "Tell me, Ravenclaw," he half-smiled as he said this, and I take this as him insulting my intelligence, "What is Golpalott's Third Law?"