Forever Mine Chapter 7

Year 2 J

I stared at my lime green Converse low-tops, which were elevated on the dashboard of my parents muggle BMW. My mum leaned over and hit them.

“Feet off, Persephone.” She growled. I rolled my eyes, over the summer even my mother had become hostile towards me. I was perfectly alright with this, I had my sister. Yes, I know, weird right? On our trip to Greece, my sister and I had actually bonded. At her first year at Beauxbatons, Danni had transformed completely, going from good girl to… Well, to me. This made my parents dislike us both; they had hated me to begin with, but two of me? They despised. I smirked back at my sister who was smiling at me, a mischievous look in her eye. I did take my feet down but not after rubbing them all over the dash, smearing mud everywhere. Danni giggled.

“Persephone!” my mum scolded, she took out her wand, still keeping her eyes on the road and flicked it. The dash cleaned itself and then my shoes did as well.

Killjoy.

Danni began jumping up and down in her seat, “Finally!” she cried, her hair changing from pink to purple to a light blue. Oh, yeah, Danni’s a metamorphagus, we found this out over the summer.

Lucky Duck.

We were finally at King’s Cross. Oh, also, Danni and I convinced our parents to let her go to Hogwarts with me and she would be in her second year. I squealed happily, I would finally be able to see my friends again, and my boyfriend, Fred Weasley. Danni squeezed my shoulder; she knew how much I was looking forward to this. I hadn’t seen him in months. We had written, the Weasley’s had gone to Egypt over the summer, and he told me about that. We had talked about how much we missed each other and how much we were looking forward to our fifth year, but it wasn’t the same as seeing each other. Mum stopped the car and Danni and I got out, excited. I went to the trunk as mum popped it open from inside the car. I grabbed my trunk and then Danni pulled out hers. They were both huge but dad, who said he had better things to do than see his daughters off to school, had put a spell to enlarge the trunk so all our stuff could fit. Mum got out of the car and walked to the front of the Train Station then walked back, dragging two trolleys along with her.

“Here,” she said, her heels clicking on the pavement, she pulled the trolleys up beside us so we could put our trunks on them. Danni and I both did so and then I got back in the car and grabbed Belle and Tinker, Danni and my owls. Danni took Belle from me and sat her atop her trunk. I did the same with Tinker and then grabbed the purse I got in Greece out of the front seat. It was silky and white with a shiny bamboo strap. I shivered excitedly and grabbed my trolley. I nearly ran inside the station, Danni laughed at me and followed. I walked up to the barrier between nine and ten.

It’s time. I took a quick breath and looked around me, no one was paying attention except Danni and my mum. Danni looked nearly excited as me, her hair kept changing colors. I shot her a warning look and she tried to control it so her hair turned to a light blonde. I smiled at her and then ran through the barrier. Everything changed around me, the dull, modern trains disappeared and a big, scarlet old fashioned one appeared before me. The Hogwarts Express. I couldn’t believe that last year I didn’t even want to climb on the big train, but now I couldn’t wait. I smiled as Danni appeared behind me, followed by my mother. We walked over to the pile where all of the student’s trunks were and put our trunks in the pile.

“Seph!” I looked up and saw who had yelled my name, a group of red heads were standing a little ways away. I squeaked as I saw who I was looking for; Fred, my one and only love. I ran towards him, his hair had gotten longer; I noted this as I ran. I liked it. It was like I was in slow motion; I couldn’t get there fast enough.