Forever Mine Chapter 57

Floating On Air

“Hi!” Wesley jumped from his spot leaning against the wall. I smiled at him.

“Hi.” I wiped my hands on my skirt and walked over beside him. “How are you?”

“Fine. Just enjoying the stars.”

“Oh.” I looked up. They were pretty. With the light from the torches cast over us to form shadows in the snow, which was glistening, and the stars smiling down at us, the scene almost seemed… Romantic. Despite the fact that I was shivering like crazy. The thought to grab a jacket or pull my robes back on had never occurred to me. So here I was standing in my skirt, blazer, stockings, and worn out, beaten-down Converse while everyone inside was toast warm with their huge, roaring fires. Luckily, Wesley realized this and went into gentleman-mode. He tugged off his own robe and hung it around my shoulders. I pulled it tightly around me. It smelt like cinnamon. I liked it. “Thanks.” I said. He smiled and seemed to be radiating his own heat. So I scooted closer to him. “So is there any particular reason you asked me down here? Or were you just lonely?”

“No, there’s a reason.” He still was looking up at the stars. Silence settled over us.

“Are you going to tell me the reason?” I finally asked. He laughed.

“Can’t you just be quiet for two minutes, Seph?”

I frowned and considered this. “No. It isn’t possible.” More laughing. This time from me too.

“I figured. Oh, I heard that you and Fred broke up.” I pursed my lips. He caught my expression. “Sorry. That was inconsiderate.”

“A little bit.” I said. He sighed.

“It’s just… Maybe it was for the best, you know?”

I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest. “Yeah.” And I did, sort of.

“Come here.” He stepped further into the snow, making deep tracks around his feet. I stepped forward cautiously. We were right under the moon. Kind of like a spotlight. “Seph?” He asked. I looked up and really, I don’t see how I didn’t see this coming. He kissed me.

But really? It was great. I’d always imagined what kissing Wesley would be like and now that I was here in his arms, warm and safe, it was all I’d ever thought it would be.

His lips were soft and warm against mine, moving perfectly in synch. I wasn’t thinking about anything else. Not Fred or James. Not Umbridge or Serena. None of it. He held me close and when I opened my eyes, he did to. It was the perfect moment. When I realized; we were in the air. Floating maybe seventy feet in the air. I squealed and clutched onto Wesley’s neck. He laughed.

“It’s okay. I won’t let go.”

I realized then, how incredibly close we were. His arms around my waist, mine around his neck. Our noses were touching. I was focused on the ground below. Then he whispered something. “I think I love you.”

I froze. And slowly looked up at him. He looked almost like he couldn’t believe he’d just said that. But also looked very triumphant.

“You don’t have to say it back. I know you love Fred.”

I kissed him again. It was just as absolutely perfect as the first one. Just as passionate, as sweet. When I let him go I blushed and looked away, right into the eyes of three gingers.

The window right next to where Wesley and I were floating was a window of a corridor where Fred, George, and Ginny were standing .Ginny was holding a letter –Wesley’s letter- out to Fred, who had his hands held up in a declining way. There they were, all gaping at me and Wesley. Then we fell.