Forever Mine Chapter 36

The week flew by faster than I would have liked. Fred didn’t avoid me but he didn’t seem very happy either. I think it was more Umbridge than Wesley, though. She kept taking away all of their fireworks. It was starting to make me mad as well. I managed to keep away from Wesley. But my dreams kept on. Usually the same one. We’d never do anything, just making out. But it was still plenty enough to bother me. Every time I passed him in the hall with Fred and George, I’d hastily think of something like “Ooh look at this painting!” or “Oh no, George, your bag’s ripped.” But the second one involved me having to rip his bag and then promise to buy him a new one and blah blah. It was much too complicated. So when we were on our way to Herbology and Wesley was coming up the hill and I tried to distract them by pointing out a non-existent bird in the sky and it didn’t work, Fred saw Wesley and tensed up. I swallowed as he walked straight up to us, beaming.

“Hello Seph.” He said. I smiled.

“Hi Wesley.”

“How are you?”

“I’m fine, thanks.”

“Good. Hello Fred, George.”

And he just walked away, looking all proper. Fred relaxed. “I really would like to hit him.” He muttered. I gave him an unbelieving look.

“Why?” I cried. “He’s perfectly nice. Are you jealous or something? Because you have no reason to be.”

He and George exchanged glances. “I don’t think she sees it.” George muttered. Fred shook his head and they both walked past me, muttering to each other.

“See what?” I yelled after them. But they ignored me.

So now that the weekend was here Fred and George still wouldn’t tell me but we were getting along okay still. And then, on Friday night around six, the little galleon in my pocket that I’d nearly forgotten started burning and I yelped, causing a bunch of people to cast me odd looks. Ginny and Serena glanced up at me. “You feel that?” I asked. They both nodded and we stood up. Along with about six other people. Once we made it to the Room of Requirement I –upon Harry’s request, since I was Head Girl and wouldn’t get in trouble for randomly standing in the hall- stood outside the door and waited until everyone had come, checking names off the D.A. list as they came. Then I came to a name and a person that I hadn’t expected. Wesley walked up to me.

“Hello.” He said, very cheerily. I blinked at him quizzically and blew a stray hair that had come out of my ponytail away from my face.

“Um hi.” I said, glancing down the list and putting a check mark beside his name –which would just get magiked off later so we could keep checking names. -  I glanced around, making sure no random teacher was walking by and then waved him in. “Go ahead.”

That was everyone so I walked in also, sighing as the door shut behind me. “So-”

“Wesley!” there was a shriek and then a girl ran up and flung her arms around him. He smiled and kissed her. I heard footsteps and Ginny and Serena walked up beside me. I cocked my head, trying to get a better look at the girl. But all I could see was her black hair, which was up in kind of cute pigtails. Apparently Serena figured it out before I did because she cracked up. Ginny gasped.

“Uh oh.” Serena muttered as Wesley and the girl broke apart. The girl turned around and smiled hugely at us. That is, until she saw who we were.

“Oh. Hey Seph.” Danni said, her face falling as she hastily stepped away from Wesley.

“Hi.” I managed.

“W-well we need to go.” Serena said, still giggling about as I stared furiously at Danni. But Ginny tugged on my shirt so hard that I stumbled back. Then I turned and walked correctly, Ginny and Serena exchanging nervous looks.

“That was awkward.” Ginny supplied. I shot her a look.

“No it wasn’t.”

“Yeah. It was.” Serena said.

“Why would that be awkward?” I snapped. But it was. It was completely awkward. My little sister was apparently dating Wesley, the object of my dreams/nightmares. It was so weird. Not to mention she was three years younger than him.

“I dunno.” Ginny quickly tried to change the subject.

“Honestly, though. He’s seventeen! She’s fourteen!” Ginny and Serena nodded in agreement.

“Someone jealous?” Serena asked in a singsong voice. I glared at her.

“No.” And why would I be? Harry stepped up and started talking.

“Come on, you’ve got to admit, it was weird.” Ginny leaned over and whispered to me. I shrugged and scrunched up my face.

“Maybe a bit.” It was a bit difficult to focus on Harry when Danni kept shooting Wesley flirty looks. “And he’s not even her type.”

“I know.”

“-So we’re just going to be starting with a simple disarming spell today.”  Harry said. Ginny and I turned our attention back to him. “So get with a partner and begin.” Ginny frowned as I looked down at my wand. Serena came over to our group.

“I- I think I’ll just watch.” I stepped back as Ginny and Serena smirked.

“So what were you guys talking about?” Serena asked as she and Ginny got ready to disarm each other.

“Nothing.”

“Wesley.” Ginny said at precisely the same time I said nothing. I scowled. “Well, Wesley and Danni. And how much they stink as a couple.”

“We weren’t!” I cried.

“We were.” Ginny corrected. I sighed angrily.

“Expelliarmus!” Serena got Ginny right when she was distracted and her wand flew out of her hand.

“Ow!” Collin Creevey cried as Ginny’s wand hit him on the head. But he threw it back to her nonetheless.

“Sorry Collin.” Serena called. “Wait… Collin. Didn’t you say you caught Danni and Collin snogging a few weeks ago?” I nodded. "And she's already dating someone else?"

I nodded again. “Great. I’m so glad to know my little sister is a harlot.”