Forever Mine Chapter 13

I ran my hands down my dress. “Do I look okay?” I asked Serena as we walked down the stairs to the Great Hall. My dress was red-ish pink and strapless and my hair, which had grown so that it hung a little below my shoulders, was curly except for my side bangs which I had kept straight.

“Seph, you look amazing.” She reassured me. She was wearing a purple dress that hugged her curves perfectly. I let out a breath.

“Okay.” James was standing against a wall looking extra hot in his dress robes. He looked up at us and smiled.

“Hey.” He said, holding out his hand.

“Hi.” I blushed and took it. Serena smirked and followed us to the entrance of the Great Hall where George was standing with Fred and Angelina. Fred looked at me for a second but Angelina pulled him into the Great Hall. George took Serena’s arm and winked at me and James and I followed them into the Great Hall.

“You look gorgeous by the way.” James whispered. I blushed again.

“Thanks.” After the champions danced James pulled me onto the dance floor. I giggled as we attempted to dance but we kept stepping on each other’s toes, so we ended up just swaying.

“So, this is fun.” He said, looking around. I shrugged.

“Yeah, it’s alright.”

He laughed. “I’m just glad I asked you.”

I smiled at him. “Me too.” He bent down and kissed me on the lips this time. That was the first time James had kissed me before. It was perfect… In almost every way.

He’s not Fred.

That was what went through my mind. That. Of all things to go through my head when I was kissing the guy I had loved since I met him in my first year. He pulled away and smiled at me. I smiled back although my smile wasn’t truthful.

“Don’t even!” I heard someone shriek.

“I’m sorry!”

“No, no you’re not. You still love her. Don’t deny it. We’re through.”

I looked over to the entrance of the hall. Two shadowy figures were standing there, a guy and a girl. The girl ran off, leaving the guy standing there, looking like an idiot. Then, the guy turned and walked out into the snow, the fire of a torch on the wall showing his hair color. A fiery orange. I looked at Serena who was standing with George, looking at the red-head who had just walked outside. I looked at Harry and Ron, who were sitting miserably at a table. There was only one left… One who “still loves her”.

“He still loves you, you know.” George’s voice echoed in my head.

I let go of James.

“I’ll be back.” I said, turning and following the person out in the snow. It was bloody cold outside. Once I stepped out I regretted that I hadn’t brought a jacket, but I ventured on down the hill, following the fresh footprints. I had a pair of flats on and the snow was seeping into my shoes. I walked all the way down to the lake where he was sitting on a fallen tree. Our tree. I walked in front of him and he looked up. He hadn’t been crying, he didn’t even look sad, just confused.

“Hi.” I whispered, shivering.

“Hey. Are you cold?”

“Uh, yeah. It’s like negative ten degrees out here.” He pulled off his jacket and handed it to me. I took it.

“Thanks.” He nodded.

“You want some company?” I asked. He just shrugged so I sat down beside him. He looked over at me.