Forever Mine Chapter 12

“The champion for Hogwarts is,” Dumbledore looked at the piece of paper in his hand. “Cedric Diggory!” he boomed. I rolled my eyes as Cedric got up out of his seat, people patting him on the back and telling him congratulations. He walked to the room where Krum and Fleur, the other champions, were. Dumbledore continued talking but I was too preoccupied with the fact that Fred was attempting to play footsie with me. He didn’t succeed.

“Oi! What was that?” George cried, nearly jumping out of his seat. A few people shushed us. Fred turned red and I giggled.

“Harry Potter!” Dumbledore shouted. I frowned. What was going on? I glanced back at Harry who sat back down in his seat. Everyone looked at him along with me.

“Go on Harry.” Hermione whispered. Harry didn’t move so she pushed him out of his seat. “Harry, for goodness sake.”

Harry looked completely lost. I noticed Danni staring at him, wide-eyed from her seat with her friends down the table, her hair was green now. Harry walked down the aisle in between the Gryffindor table and the wall. He walked up to Dumbledore who showed him the piece of paper he was holding. Harry turned pale then he walked off to the room where the champions were.

“He’s a cheat!” someone yelled. Daniel Atkinson stood up at his table.

“He’s not even seventeen yet!” he shouted. This made me angry.

“How about you shout your mouth, Atkinson!” I snapped, McGonagall shot me a look and I smiled sweetly at her.

The teachers followed Harry into the room but Flitwick stayed behind. He cleared his throat, looking awkward.

“Well, prefects, take your houses back to your common rooms, please.” He said in his weird voice. All the prefects stood and motioned for us to follow them. Fred, George, and I stood up, though we had no intention of going back to the common room. We slipped out of the crowd of students and strolled outside. Its’ not like anyone noticed us.

“How in the world did Harry manage to get his name in the bloody cup?” Fred and George cried in unison. I smirked.

“I don’t think he did put his name in, to be honest.” I said, kicking a stone. They just looked at me.

“What do you mean you don’t think he did it?” Fred asked.

“Who did it then?” George asked next. I shrugged.

“I just don’t think Harry wants eternal glory.”

They continued looking at me like I was a crazy person then they just scoffed, continuing down the hill.

*

Months and the first task passed. Thing were getting… Intense.

I was walking down the hall with Ginny when James ran up beside me.

“Help!” he cried. “A bunch of girls are chasing me!” I laughed and looked at Ginny. She scowled at James. She hadn’t taken a liking to him for some reason.

“I’ll see you later, Gin! Come on!” I grabbed James’ hand and dragged him down the hall and into a broom closet just as a group of angry Beauxbatons girls ran past. I shut the door and turned to him.

“What did you do?” I asked, laughing.

“I made all their knickers disappear.” He wheezed, out of breath from running. I smirked.