Forever Mine Chapter 22

"Well, see, I never told my mum about us getting, you know, married, so you’ll have to do it.” I glare up at Fred angrily.

“Excuse me?”

“Yup.” Fred says.

George flops down on the bed beside me and flips his hair out of his eyes. “So, Fred. Have you flown your broomstick in Seph’s Quidditch stadium yet? If you get my drift.” My eyes widen and Fred chokes.

“What?” I cry, jumping away from George. He laughs and throws up his hands.

“Just kidding, of course.”

I glance at Fred, whose face is redder than red and smile, just to break the awkwardness. “Well, there’s no chance in hell I’m telling your mother about us by myself. She’ll kill me.” I walk over and pull Fred’s collar so he trips after me. “Come on.”

Sure, George’s question freaked me out. I never had thought about that before. I suppose we will, though. You know, eventually. The one thing that really bothered me was the fact that Fred gave George a really angry look like ‘I TOLD YOU NOT TO MENTION THAT’. So I’m assuming they’ve talked about it. I don’t know about you but when my best friends talk about one of them having you-know-what with you… That kind of creeps me out. I glance back and see Fred and George walking behind me having one of their mind conversations. Fred looks seriously pissed. But I choose to ignore it as we walk down the staircase. We find Mrs. Weasley in the kitchen chopping onions without magic. George so brilliantly knocks over a bag of flour that was sitting on the floor. Mrs. Weasley jumps and turns around.

“Oh, it’s just you.” She says, setting down her cutting knife. Suddenly, she smiles. “Seph dear, would you mind getting into the drawer there and get the scissors?”

I glance at Fred and George nervously. They shrug back. Nevertheless, I walk to the drawer and open it, spy the black scissors, and hand them to her. Then, before either of them can do anything, she shoves them both into rickety chairs and then points her wand at them.

“Ah! Mum!” they both cry as thin rope ties their hands and feet together so they can’t get up and then one ties around their waists and the chairs.

“I’m sorry but this is the only way I can do this!” she says, snipping the scissors in her hands. Fred and George look at me pleadingly. I slap a hand to my mouth dramatically.

“Oh no! She’s going to cut off your hair! How tragic!”

They scowl at me and keep struggling. But the ropes are much too strong. “Well honestly, boys. Your hair is nearly as long as Seph’s! You’re almost worse than Bill!” Mrs. Weasley walks to George first, the scissors shining threateningly.

“No! No, Mum! N- No!” George shouts as his mother, looking very determined, chops off a lock of red hair. Fred winces. I laugh, holding my stomach. The sight is just too much. There’s pounding from above and then Hermione and Ginny appear in the doorway.

“What’s going on?” Ginny asks, peering in the kitchen. Hermione is taken over by a fit of giggles at the sight of George, half of his hair long and half short. Ginny laughs as well. “Nice hair, George!”

More pounding. Ron comes up behind Hermione. “Oy! What’s all the rack- Ha!” he cracks up as well. “Wait mum, don’t cut anymore! I’m going to go get my camera!”

Fred and George shoot daggers at him with their eyes. “Don’t you dare!” but it’s too late, Ron’s gone. And I’ve completely forgotten about why I came down here in the first place.

*

“I dunno.” I say from my spot on Fred’s bed as he and George stand in front of the mirror in their room, running their hands over their now short hair. “I kind of like it.” Fred turns around, his hand wavering over his head.