Forever Mine Chapter 18

I glance nervously at Fred and George, who are now seated a little way down from us in the Great Hall.

“I dunno, mate.” George says to Lee, swallowing a roll whole.

“Yeah, the last thing we remember is Seph giving us that pumpkin juice.” Fred adds. Lee raises his eyebrows and then looks at me and I gulp. I can tell just by the look he gives me that he knows what I did. And for the first time, I seem to have a conscious. Great. Just effing fantastic. Why, exactly, is it that one of the few times I do something to the twins, my conscious shows up? “You know, I actually don’t even remember drinking it.”

There’s a pause in which Fred, George, and Lee all look at each other. “And… Seph is known for her acts of kindness.” George looks over at me and Fred and Lee follow suit. I feel my face flush as Fred nudges George, who nods, and they both stand.

“Crap.” I mutter under my breath. They make their way towards me. I poke Ginny, who’s talking to one of her friends beside me.

“Hm?” she turns around. I nod towards Fred and George but she doesn’t get my point.

“Hi, Seph.” They’re behind me. I squeak.

“Oh, hey George. Fred.” I say, looking up at them. They each put a hand on my shoulder.

“This is so boring.” George says. “Let’s ditch.” They pull me up out of my seat.

“But I’m eating! G-Ginny!” but she’s too busy to hear me. “Serena!” Nobody hears me. So, of course, the twins get their way, and drag me out of the hall.

*

“Well, what all did you find out?” George asks. They had dragged me to the Quidditch pitch and forced me to spill it all.

“Nothing important.” I look down at my shoes. We’re sitting in the stands, a twin on either side of me. I look up at the sunset. Reds, oranges, and pinks are splattered across the sky. “Look, I have a History of Magic report that’s due in two days so I really need to go work on it. I’ll see you guys, okay?”

I didn’t expect them to let me go, but they did, and I walk off, only glancing back to make sure that they haven’t mutated into some quiet creature. They hardly said a word the whole time; they just sat there, staring at each other like they were having a telepathic conversation. Weirdoes.

*

*Fred’s P.O.V.*

George and I sit in the stands, watching as Seph walks away. Once she’s out of earshot, I turn to George.

“I have to.” I say.

My twin looks at me skeptically. “I don’t think she’s ready.”

“We kissed.”

“Maybe her lips just jumped off her face and onto yours.”

“Haha. We kissed.”

“I know, you told me about five times.” George shoots.

“And now…”

“You have to get her back.”

*

(Okay, guys, I was listening to music this week on www.playlist.com and I found this completely awesome song that I am in love with. It goes perfectly with this part of this chapter so you should go listen to it, okay? GO TO www.playlist.com and search for ‘You Want to Make a Memory’ by Bon Jovi! DON’T START IT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ll tell you when to start the song!!!! :P)

*Seph’s P.O.V.*

It’s about eight o’clock the next night. I’m sitting in the common room when all of a sudden, there’s a tap on the window. I look up from my spot. Everyone else in the room doesn’t hear it for some reason. It’s an owl. I get up and walk over to the window then open it. The owl settles on the windowsill and holds out its leg.