Dear Players...Chapter 29

A:

Thanks for reading my story!!

~Becka~

                Dan did not just say that and I did not just bark. Nope.

                It didn’t happen. I’m dreaming…

                Dan suddenly starts laughing next to me and at that moment I know I’m not dreaming. Dan really did just imply that we’re friends with benefits and I did just bark. I barked!

                “We-we’re not friends with benefits,” I stutter out finally finding my voice.

                Chloe looks like she’s caught between throwing up and running away. I cringe along with her.

                “Oh you don’t have to hide it any longer Becka, it was your idea,” Dan says grinning again.

                I clench my teeth wondering if he’s trying to give his sister a heart-attack. Why is he doing this?

                Suddenly very, very angry I grab a hold of Dan’s arm and start pulling him into the hallway.

                “I’ll be right back Chloe,” I call without turning to look at her.

                “What the hell is wrong with you,” I hiss at Dan once we’re out of earshot.

                He laughs, “It’s hot when you get mad,” he says winking.

                I grit my teeth together, “Dan answer me,” I demand.

                He stays quiet for a while and right when I’m going to storm off he pushes me up against the wall and barricades me with his arms. It's not entirely unpleasant.

                “Isn’t this what you wanted me to do, play the part?” he asks his breath blowing against my neck.

                It tingles.

                “N-no,” I stutter.

                Damn, how can he have so much control over me? Why is it that when he gets near I feel like melting? I was furious seconds ago and now I feel weak in the knees.

                “That’s what you implied. You wanted me to pretend to be with you so you can get Beck. So here I am, with you,” he states his green eyes boring into me.

                I gulp, “But you were supposed to pretend. You are supposed to be my fake boyfriend,” I reply putting weak emphasis on the words. His closeness is really affecting me.

                He grins suddenly and leans back. I let out a breath.

                “I like to improvise,” he responds before turning around and going back in the direction of Chloe.

                Slowly, I tip-toe to where he went and peek over the side of the wall.

                “Relax Chloe, it only happened once and it won’t happen again,” he pauses slightly, “It’s all a plan so she can get some douche,” he finishes seemingly angry.

                Then he walks out the door. I sink to the floor.

***

~Chloe~