Queen Bee: Chapter 9

Enjoy:)

                “Why are you so effing heavy!” I whisper-yell under my breath.

                You see right now I’m in the process of lugging Camille in through the back door while Trent keeps Bill busy. It’s not going so well though, since for some unknown reason she weighs a ton. Also, she keeps making soft moaning noises and I keep praying that Bill can’t hear them.

                “Ugh,” Camille moans again.

                I growl in frustration.

                “Quiet!” I order.

                She moans again.

                I sigh. I’m in the right mind to shove her in the bathtub and wake her once and for all! Plus I blame Trent for this! He couldn’t just let me sneak a blanket outside and leave her in the car. Yeah, now he chooses to be a gentleman.

                Grumbling I continue to shove/drag her down the hallway. See this is what I get for being nice! I should have just left her behind and be dragged off to jail to be questioned. But no! I had to decide to be the better person and lug her out of there. Since when am I the better person?

                Still annoyed I shove Camille into my room just in time to hear Bill coming upstairs. Hurriedly I close the door and run back in the direction I came from. Once all the way down the hall I hop down the other flight of stairs, two at a time, and exit through the back door only to run to the front and come in that way.

                I slam the door shut so my presence is known. Not ten seconds later Bill comes into view.

                “Why didn’t you come in with Trent?” Bill asks suspiciously.

                “I dropped my lip gloss in between the seats and was trying to get to it,” I reply coming up with an excuse on the spot.

                “So where is it now?” Bill questions looking at my empty hands.

                “I couldn’t reach it. I’ll try again tomorrow when I can see better,” I respond the words flowing out my mouth smoothly.

                It really is quite sad how I can lie and it sounds like the truth.

                “Oh, well you guys are a half an hour late,” Bill states quirking an eyebrow.

                “I didn’t know we had a bed time,” I reply.

                Suddenly he laughs and grins, “I’m just messing with you guys! Do you know me at all?” he says shaking his head in amusement.

                Both Trent and I look at him confused before realizing this is Bill we’re talking about and he’s barely an adult. I look at Trent and we both begin to laugh awkwardly. Wow, what a cliché movie moment.

                “Just go to bed,” he responds still slightly chuckling.

                I resist the urge to sigh with relief.

                “Night Bill,” I state before running up the stairs to take care of Camille. Behind me Trent follows.

                “So what are you going to do with her?” Trent asks quietly.

                “I’m going to let her sleep on my bedroom floor,” I say like it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

                “Now that’s not nice,” Trent replies from behind me.

                “Why do you care so much? Didn’t you say you didn’t like her or even sleep with her?” I ask angrily because I’m tired and that makes me cranky.

                “Well, it’s just that” he starts.

                I turn to him and quirk an eyebrow, “Just spit it out,”

                He sighs, “Camille was my first girlfriend back in seventh grade. We dated until the beginning of high school so, yeah,” he says quickly and then brings up a hand to rub his head like most guys do when they’re nervous.

                I can’t help, but have my stomach sink a little.

                “Oh well that explains things,” I say before turning back around and walking into my room.

And it did explain things. It explains why Camille has a possessive outlook on Trent. She was his first girlfriend and if they lasted that long possibly his first love.

Slightly queasy I close the door before Trent can come in. He knocks on the door, but I tell him to just go to sleep and not worry. I wait until I hear his retreating steps before walking over to Camille.

So that’s why you challenged me to Trent’s heart? You thought for sure you’d win.

I stare at her slightly annoyed with her presence before I grab the comforters from my bed and sprawl them on the floor. Then I grab Camille’s curled form and stretch her on them. Finally, I crawl into my own bed and cover myself with the sheets.

I stare up at the ceiling tired, but not being able to fall asleep. It’s times like this when I wish I had a mother. Not the drinking, disorientated, clueless figure my mother was but a real one; one to love and care for me. Not the one who forgot me countless times at the grocery store and would come pick me up right before the store closed. Although I liked those times better than when she drank because at least then she would pretend she cared. She would pull me into her lanky arms and ask for forgiveness before taking me to eat some ice cream.

When she drank she yelled. When she drank she scarred me; maybe not physically but emotionally. When she drank she didn’t ask for my forgiveness the next day or take me out for my favorite ice cream.

And then of course there’s the worst thing she did; forgetting me at my friend’s house because that time it was different. That time she didn’t come back and ask for my forgiveness. That time she didn’t come back at all; she left me wondering what ever happened to her. Did she die? Did she become a better person? Is she out there looking for me or wondering about me too?

Sighing I let go of those haunting thoughts. It’s better that way; to not think about it I mean. In the silent room Camille snorts and I smile before chuckling briefly.

Finally, I close my eyes and begin to think of other things; happier funnier things. I think about Trent, and how my enemy is sleeping on my bedroom floor, and how soccer tryouts are tomorrow and before I know it I fall into a deep dreamless sleep.

A: I know filler sowwy! Anyways if I get 16 votes or higher and at least 7 comments by next week I’ll upload BOTH Saturday and Sunday if not then I’ll upload ONCE either of those days. THANKS for all the support!!