What's Mine Is Yours...Unfortunately: Chapter 11

“Kill Caden,” he says.

                I whack him upside the head.

                “Dude!” I yell.

                “Oh I was just kidding! Calm down! And gosh you’re violent,” he screams muttering the last part.

                “Well that’s cuz you can be the biggest idiot,”

                “Well sorry for having fun,” he replies sarcastically.

                “Yeah well your fun doesn’t help,” I mutter.

                “Fine…this is what you have to do,”

~Serenity~

                “Serenity! You’re back! It’s been so long,” I hear from the end of the hallway.

                I cringe and start sprinting. Oh no!

                “What? NO you are not running away from me!” Kat yells in the background.

                I turn just in time to see the incredulous look cross her face. Then she starts running after me.

                “Yes! Yes I am,” I scream back, “Get away, you…you maniac!”

                “I’m the maniac? You’re the own running down the hall away from my welcome hug!” she shouts back.

                “Yeah, well any sane person would run from your boa constriction arms!”

                “First of all it’s constrictor and second of all people love my hugs!”

                “Yeah well-“ but I don’t get to finish.

                “Serenity!” I hear Kat call in the background, but it’s too late.

                I crash into Caden. We fall on the ground with a thud, but the worst part of all is that I fall right on top of him meaning my lips meet his.

                “Get a room,” I hear Josh say and I quickly bolt up.

                Why? Because normally where ever Josh is James is close by. And don’t ask me why I care because I have no idea. All I know is I do.

                “Serenity?” Josh asks once he realizes it’s me.

                “Uh, I-I fell,” I say scrambling onto my feet because right next to him is James.

                I study him carefully to see that he’s torn between grief and anger. Grief? Why do I feel a spurge of-of, a surge, because of that?

                “Serenity didn’t mean to kiss him!” Kat says finally catching up to me.

                James turns his head from her to me a look on his face telling me he needs conformation. I nod my head in agreement with Kat; still not sure why I even care that James was there. I really thought I was-I mean- am starting to care about Caden. He’s a sweet guy.

                Then, quick as a flash, James raises his fist. I hear yelling in the background, but it’s like if everything’s in slow motion. James’s fist connects with Caden’s face, who had just stood up. Caden staggers back and almost falls, but manages to balance himself out. He looks up at James; anger flickering in his eyes. James’s expression is even worse. It looks like he’ll kill him.

                Suddenly Caden charges faking right and punching left; nailing James in the stomach. This gets Josh mad and as James gasps a bit Josh pushes Caden back. All the while Kat’s yelling like the maniac she is in the background.

                I’m quiet, stunned, and simply watching. Caden pushes Josh back yelling something about James starting it. When Josh yells right back at him Caden punches Josh nailing him right on the lip. Josh groans, but by this time James is alright and he attacks Caden; throwing him on the floor.

                Again I stand like a statue simply watching; not being able to move.

                “Serenity!” Kat screams and finally I snap out of it. Finally everything starts happening at a normal pace.

                I watch as Caden gets up; the flickers of anger now flames of fury.

                “What the fuck dude!” Caden yells already charging at James.

                “What the f yourself,” James snarls.

                Josh hops in the middle of them, but it doesn’t seem like Caden’s going to stop charging anytime soon. I turn to Kat and she nods. With a silent understanding we start charging too. She cries a cry of war and if this weren’t serious I would probably have chuckled.

                Right before Josh gets mauled Kat sprints and crashes into him. They tumble on the floor and land with an “oof.” I follow Kat’s example and propel myself into the air. It’s like a movie moment. You know the ones where the hero jumps in front of the bullet. Yeah one of those, except this time it’s Caden’s punch not a bullet and I’m not jumping in front of him; I’m bringing James’s down with me.

                We land roughly on the floor; me on top of him and I have a weird sense of déjà vu. Caden stumbles over our bodies and falls on top of all four of us. I hear Josh and Kat groan.

                “How many times do I have to do this?” I ask James cocking an eyebrow.

                He smiles sheepishly up at me and I find myself smiling back.

                “Thank you,” he whispers his soft, warm breath caressing my cheek and upper neck.

                This time it’s me who smiles sheepishly.

                “For what?” I ask pretending to not know what exactly he’s thankful for.

                “Everything,” he whispers his hot breath once again sending shivers down my spine. I feel as his arms start to tighten around my waist and I’m about to lean into him when we hear a very angry voice.

                “What is going on here!” he booms.

                We all visibly gulp. Our Principle Mr. Beinstein should be renamed Mr. Frankenstein. Okay that was corny, but you get the picture.

                “Uh,” Kat says looking around; probably for someplace to bolt and hide.

                “In my office now!” he shouts; spit flying everywhere. We all gulp collectively again.

                “Serenity?” he then asks turning to me, “You never get in trouble,”

                “Um,” I reply.

                “Who started this!” he then says turning to look me straight in the eye.

                I gulp and see James behind the principal looking at me with pleading eyes.

                “Well-“

A: Will she tell? Sorry guys about not uploading yesterday I could only use my iPod and I can’t upload from there. Please vote and comment! Thank YouJ