What's Mine Is Yours...Unfortunately: Chapter 9

~Serenity~

                “Oh my gosh, I can’t do it!” I yell my voice shaky. Wow! What the hell is wrong with me? I'm not an oh-my-gosh girl!

                Well, I know what's wrong with me I can’t will myself to get out of the friggin car.

                “You look gorgeous now get out!” Kat replies grabbing my arm and tugging.

                I’m glued in place.

                “Ugh, girls…” James says under his breath slightly frustrated. Kat tugs on me again, but to no avail.

                “Move,” he says pushing Kat out of the way before grabbing me by the waist and throwing me over his shoulder.

                “Put me down!” I yell highly embarrassed since we have now started attracting a crowd.

                “Payback’s a bitch, isn’t it?” he says smirking; referring to how I had embarrassed him back at home.

                “Put me down!” was my feeble reply.

                “Or what?” he asks still parading me around the parking lot.

                I was looking down at his chest though. I mean I’m already worried about how people are going to react to my look I don’t need to see them laughing at my flushed face.

                Suddenly, I realize something. I’m still the same old Serenity; the same one who kicked the mugger’s ass, who jumped in front of a car to save someone’s life, and the one who cured her leg with stinging vodka.

                “I’ll kick your ass,” I say into his ear, “Save yourself some embarrassment,” I continue.

                He scoffs, “Really?” he asks in a mocking tone.

                “Yep,” I say popping the p.

                I look up at his face to see uncertainty cross his features. Good, he’s learning not to underestimate me. I mean who would after the whole mall scene?

                “Fine,” he sighs dropping me on the ground before giving me a goofy smile.

                “What?” I ask feeling a bit self-conscious.

                “I got you out of the car,” he replies with a triumphant smile on his face.

                I find myself smiling back, for the first time since I’ve known James I see why other girls ogle over him; his endearing smile. Something about it just made you want to run to his arms and have you hold him; have him protect you, take care of you. But just as quickly as the moment came it was gone.

                “Sup, Serenity,” I hear someone say snapping me out of my trance.

                I turn to see Caden behind me smiling.

                “Wait, that’s Serenity?” I hear someone else say in the background.

                “Look who’s finally decided to become a girl,”

                “Are James and her going out?”

                Trying my best to ignore bystander’s questions I smile at Caden.