Dear Players...Chapter 22

~Dan~

                The alcohol burns my throat as I swallow it. I set the shot down on the table hard and ask for another. By this point I have no idea what I’m even drinking.

                My vision is slightly blurred and my legs tremble when I try to stand up so I sit.

                “Hello?” a voice says.

                I turn my head in the direction forcing myself to not hold my forehead since I’m starting to get dizzy.

                “I’m Brenda,” she introduces a chirpy smile on her face.

                Immediately I know, even though her outfit says the opposite, that she’s new to this.

                She’s pretty though; really pretty. She has burnt sienna hair and green eyes flecked with brown and blue. She’s definitely a petite. Her body is curvy and hugged in a sparkly purple dress.

                She has a lot of make-up on even though I’m positive she would look better without the grey smoky eye shadow and bright red lipstick. Still, she’s exactly what I need.

                “Dan,” I introduce myself back and then motion to the seat next to me.

                She grins, but shakes her head. Instead she narrows her eyes playfully before snatching my hand and pulling me off my feet. I lock my knees in order to not fall. She laughs at this; the soft feathery sound echoing through my head. I grin widely at it.

                 “Someone’s had a little too much to drink,” she scolds teasingly.

                “Oh, live a little,” I say winking and stepping closer to her; trying my best not to sway.

                “What do you think I’m doing now?” she asks with a wicked grin.

                I laugh, “Pretending to,” I answer.

                She rolls her eyes.

                “Come on pretty boy; let’s hit the dance floor, unless of course you’re too drunk to dance?”

                “Never,” I reply smiling lopsidedly.

                She laughs and I find myself wanting to hear it again.

                Am I really this drunk?

~Chloe~

                “Two virgin margaritas please,” I order.

                The bartender nods his head and heads over to make the drinks.

                “So we’re really going to do this?” Becka asks.

                “Of course,” I respond with confidence.

                “Okay,” she answers just as the bartender comes with the drink.

                “Hey, is there an Ashley and Sam here?” I ask.

                He scrunches his face up in thought before leaning over the counter.

                “And what do I get if I tell you?” he asks.

                I laugh, “A good tip?” I offer.