What's Mine Is Yours...Unfortunately: Chapter 17

A: You guys blow my mind! Thanks for all the support! It means a LOT to me:)

~James~

            She saw me.

            She’s kissing him, but she looked up. Her eyes snapped open. And at that moment I realized she didn’t really enjoy kissing him. My heart soared.

            I stopped walking; the anger fleeting from my body as I locked eyes with her.

            But she looked away.

            And once again I found myself stalking towards Caden.

            She had other plans though. She pulled back from him and for one miniscule second I froze because for some crazy reason I believed that at that moment she would run to me. I thought she would choose him over me.

            But she didn’t.

            She grabbed his hand and held it firmly in hers before telling him something.

            That’s when I felt myself running.

            But I was too far away.

            The engine revved.

            And they sped off into the night just as I reached where they were.

            She literally slipped through my fingers.

            I remained quiet for a long time; the restaurant lights casting an eerie glow on the pavement.

            Suddenly I found myself screaming with rage.

            “Why?”

~Tiffany~

            I’m stupid. I’m so so stupid. I knew I was stupid since the moment I fell for James; three years ago. Right around the time he started showing interest in other girls; right around the time Serenity appeared at our high school.

            Sure it would hurt when he walked off, lips locked, with some other girl. But they were simply past-times. He would come back to me always. We had something deeper than all the other girls. He used them once. He was there for me always.

            Then, Serenity came into the picture.

            She was different. I could tell. I didn’t exactly know how, but I knew. When she captured James attention I knew how. I also knew I had to stop her.

            Get him away from her.

            He was mine. He is mine.

            It’s supposed to be that way.  

            And it’s so easy to lie when you start.

~Josh~

            She cried. She cried for what seemed forever.

            She cried until finally she stopped; abruptly.

            She let out a loud breath. Then she pulled away from me.

            “I-could, could you come home with me?” she whispers up at me; her voice hoarse.

            I look at her incredulously. Her brother would kill me.

            “He’s not home. No one is. I’m alone. Please?” she explains as if reading my thoughts.