Excuse Me?: Chapter 4

Pic of Natasha>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

She yanks her hand away from mine and turns in the opposite direction; her cheeks flushed. After a moment’s pause she turns back a sly smile on her face.

“I was trying to save you from humiliation,” she says.

I laugh and she shakes her head disapprovingly.

“Who are you trying to kid?” she asks quirking an eyebrow “You’re new to this school, who are you going to talk to at the party?”

“Trent, Ethan,” I say like it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

“Yeah, but what about when they get drunk or go hook up with some girl? Then you’ll be alone and you’ll feel stupid. It’ll be social suicide. But you know what? Go to the party, become a loner, why should I care?” she says tilting her head to the side before turning on her heal and walking towards her lunch table.

“Good because I’m going,” I call to her.

She turns, gives me a look of pity, shrugs, and then takes a seat next to who I’m guessing is one of her blonde dimbos.

“Come on, I’m hungry,” Trent says dragging me to the front of the line and putting a tray in my hands.

“What is this?” I ask pointing to the lump on my tray.

“I’m not sure, but in order to eat the cupcake you need to buy that,” Ethan says.

“Huh, well that’s um, I don’t know,” I respond.

Trent laughs, “Come on, I’ll introduce you to my real friends,” he says dragging me to a lunch table at the back.

I turn, “Well come on pretty boy,” I call to Ethan.

“Why must he come?” Trent whispers in my ear.

“Because he stood up to Ms. Queen Bee over there and any who does that is a friend of mine,” I say smiling.

He just rolls his eyes. “Do you even know her name?” he asks.

“Um I know it starts with a C, I forget…” I reply smiling sheepishly.

“Camille,” he says.

“Yes! Yes that’s it,” I say giving him a million dollar smile.

He shakes his head.

“Hey guys,” he addresses his friends.

There are three guys and two girls. They all look up at the same time and say hi.

“That was kind of creepy,” I whisper.

Trent laughs, “Yeah I know,”

“So, who’s this?” a cute red-head asks.

You can tell her hair is dyed though, but it's a nice color on her. She has deep, dark green eyes and judging by her Delia's shorts and frilly tank-top she's a total girly girl.

“Everyone this is Natasha,” Trent says.

I watch as he takes a seat and Ethan comes out of nowhere and takes a seat next to the red-head.

“Hey Vero,” Ethan says flirtatiously. She ignores him.

“Oohh rejection!” A guy with shaggy black hair that slightly falls over his eyes says.

He's real handsome with deep sapphire eyes and a nice build that in his tight black shirt sticks out. He then turns and winks at me, but doesn't introduce himself.