Chapter 46

Stephanie's pov

I was in the middle of grey's anatomy when I heard a knock on the door. It better be important because I'm in the middle of an incredibly intense scene I thought as I opened the door.

"Zayn" I breathed out when I saw him standing in front of me.

I closed the door behind me so we stood outside the apartment, it felt weird letting him in.

"Hi Stephanie" He said.

He looked nervous, I would be too if I'd shown up at Adam's house. But he still looked good. Freshly shaved and probably showered too I could smell the scent of shampoo coming from him.

"What do you want?" I asked but it came out rather harsh it felt strange being alone with him without Lola.

He held up a grey sweater and it took me a minute to realize that it's Lola's favorite sweater.

"I want to give this to her" He said and I noticed that he didn't say Lola's name he said "her".

"You can't"

"Why? It will only take a second" Zayn continued.

"She isn't home" I responded quickly.

"I can wait"

I never saw Zayn as the stubborn type but he was clearly willing to argue about this.

"Lola is on a date, I'm sorry Zayn but you need to move on I'll give her the sweater" I said and it was like a candle had been blown out in his eyes.

I couldn't help but to feel bad for him even tho he had broken my best friends heart I was the one who had crushed his last hope of seeing her and possibly getting her back.

"It's for the best you know" I continued and Zayn still didn't say anything.

He gave me the sweater and began to walk away.

When he almost was at the exit he turned around with no facial expression what so ever on his face and asked:

"She is with him isn't she?"

As I nodded he turned around and walked out from the building.

When I got back inside I heard how Lola turned off the shower as she was humming on a song is never heard before.

Yes I had lied to Zayn. Lola was inside the whole time in the shower getting ready for her date with Logan in a few hours but as her best friend it's my job to protect her.

Zayn is like poison to her. He has let her down so many times and I can't let that continue.

If she had talked to him they probably would have got back together because even if she tries to hide it I can still see that she's still in love with him.

"Who was at the door?" She asked with a towel wrapped around her body.

"Our neighbors downstairs,look what they found in their laundry" I said and held up the sweater.

Some people think that lying is bad and that lying to a close friends is even worse I'll agree to disagree. If lying will keep your friends happy then what is a little white lie here and there.

"Oh yes I've been looking for that every where" Lola asked as she lit up and took the sweater from my hands.

"Thank you" She continued and put it on over her naked body.

"Your welcome Lols" I mumbled and got back to the sofa.

"Wait if it was in their laundry why does it smell like cigarettes?" Lola asked as she wrinkled her nose.

"Oh our neighbors are smokers" I quickly said.

"Okay" She said and let it go.

"Anyway you should get ready for your date with Logan" I said to change the subject.

"Yeah I guess I should" She mumbled as she stroked Figaro's back who had just woken up from a seven hour nap.

I wouldn't say that I was on Logan's side in this triangle drama but I got to spend time with him when I still were together with Adam and he wasn't that bad.

He had even offered to talk to Adam about our breakup and maybe fix things between us and I could pass that opportunity.

(A/N) What do you guys think about Steph's behavior? I actually don't know but I really enjoyed writing this chapter. In the next chapter I'll write about Lola's and Logan's date with a flashback in the beginning.
Hope you liked it!
Ily <3465799890
//Maya

Barbara Palvin - Lola Rodes
Gigi Hadid - Stephanie Parker
Zayn Malik - Zayn Malik
Louis Tomlinson - Louis Tomlinson
Niall Horan - Niall Horan
Harry Styles - Harry Styles
Liam Payne - Liam Payne
Nick Jonas - Adam Hill
Zac Efron - Logan Smith