Chapter seven

Left alone on a big balcony Zayn and I stood and looked up at the dark sky which was full of shining stars.

I stopped looking at the sky and looked at Zayn instead or more like admired his beauty. His hair was styled in the usual quiff, he had black skinny jeans on, a black shirt with a print on it and a black leather jacket.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Zayn suddenly said and I woke up from my deep thoughts.

"Huh?"

"The sky" He said and looked deep into my eyes.

I hadn't realized how closely we stood together until now but I didn't mind and he didn't seem to mind either.

"Yeah very beautiful" I responded still looking into his eyes.

His face moved slowly towards mine and I felt the smell of alcohol and smoke with his lips only inches from mine.

"Zayn what are you doing out here?" I heard a woman's voice behind Zayn say and the moment was ruined.

"Nothing just getting some fresh air" He responded and stepped away from me quickly.

I could finally see that the voice belonged to a girl who was maybe 20 with blonde hair and cold blue eyes. I had no idea of who she was but it felt like I had seen her somewhere else before.

"Oh I didn't see you there?" She said and walked over to us. "I'm Perrie"

"Nice to meet you Perrie, I'm Lola" I greeted and smiled politely at her.

"So how do you and Zayn know each other?" Perrie asked but before I could answer Zayn did it for me.

"We just met"

What? Why did he lie to her? Was he embarrassed to be seen with me?
I tried to make eye contact with Zayn but he just looked away.

"And how do you and Zayn know each other?" I asked really confused by Zayn's behavior.

"We're engaged" She answered and kissed Zayn on the cheek.

"Oh" was everything I could get myself to say because I had no words.

What the hell had he been doing with me if he was freaking engaged. We almost kissed and he's engaged!! I was so angry but I also felt kind of heartbroken. I realized that I didn't just like Zayn as a friend I wanted more and now I was left with nothing. Had Zayn just lead me on the hole time or was it possible that he liked me to? Anyway it didn't matter because he was already with someone else and I would never be somebody's second choice or other woman I had to much self respect for that.

"Congratulations" I pressed out with no face expression on my face.

"Thank you" Perrie said happily and wrapped her arm around his waist.

"Should go now but it was nice to meet you Perrie" I said quickly, I couldn't wait to get out of here.

"You to Lola" She answered and smiled at me.

I hurried inside again and the party had started to cool down a bit. I still couldn't find Stephanie but at this point it didn't matter I just needed to get out of here.

__________________________________

When I got home I changed into my pajamas and washed of my makeup before I got to bed and felt miserable.

"Lols I'm home!" I heard Stephanie yell after she closed the door but I didn't feel like answering her so I stayed quiet.

"Lola? Are you sleeping?" She asked and knocked on my door before she opened it and came in.

"Are you ok? I'm sorry I disappeared at the party" She continued and sat down beside me on my bed.

"He's engaged" I said and wiped away a tear from my cheek.

"Who is?"

"Zayn, he's engaged and the worst part is that I actually started to like him"

"Oh I'm so sorry honey" Steph said and laid her arm around me.

"Me too"

(A/N) Now things are really starting to happen! Hope you liked it, vote and comment guys //Maya

Barbara Palvin - Lola Rodes
Gigi Hadid - Stephanie Parker
Zayn Malik - Zayn Malik
Louis Tomlinson - Louis Tomlinson
Niall Horan - Niall Horan
Harry Styles - Harry Styles
Liam Payne - Liam Payne
Nick Jonas - Adam Hill
Zac Efron - Logan Smith