Chapter 43

Zayn's pov
Flashback

"Hey you know what we should do?" Lola asked as we laid in bed with our fingers intertwined.

"What?" I asked as she snuggled into my neck.

"Bake" Lola said and sat up.

"Bake? It's nearly midnight"

"Pleaseeeee, I'm really craving cookies"

"You can't even make ice cubes  and I haven't baked since I was a kid the risk of us failing is bigger then that we'll succeed"

"Babe we really got to work on your optimism" She said and dragged me out of bed and into the kitchen.

"I'll start with the dough and you'll run down to the store and get sprinkles" Lola said and put a big bowl on the counter as I sighed and put on a jacket.

"And Zayn"

I turned around and looked her in the eyes, she was wearing her favorite sweater and was smiling.

"I love you" She said and kissed me softly on the lips.

"I love you too" I said as we let go before I went out the door to get sprinkles.

________________________________

"I didn't know what you liked so I got three flavors" I said when I got back twenty minutes later.

No answer.

"Baby?" I yelled out as I walked into the living room.

There she was, sleeping peacefully on the couch with multiple statins on her shirt and in her face.

"Lola?" I softly said and shook her awake.

"You're back" She said and yawned.

"What happened to the cookies?" I asked and sat down beside her.

"The cookies.... FUCK" Lola screamed and ran into the kitchen then I realized the smell, it smelled burnt.

"Sooooo they look like rocks" She said when she took them out from the oven.

"Black hard disgusting rocks" She mumbled as she threw away them in the trash.

"You know what's better than baking?" I said and placed my arms around her waist.

"What?"

"Sex" I said and kissed her passionately on the lips.

"True" She mumbled and moaned softly in my ear.

End of flashback

"Mr Malik my work is done" My cleaning lady said and awoke me from my daydreaming.

"Thank you Rosa" I mumbled and put out my cigarette in the ashtray.

That's probably the most conversation I've had with someone since our breakup a couple of weeks ago.

I've spent most of my days in bed letting our memories together cloud my reality. Today is the first time Rosa changed the sheets, I had wanted to have them because they still smelled like her, like peonies now I realize that I need to move on.

I closed my eyes and took another sip of the strong alcohol I had in a glass and scratched my cheek. I really need to shave I thought feeling the small beard I'd grown out.

My beard matched the bags under my eyes both were dark. I haven't slept properly since I last held her in my arms.

Fuck I miss her.

"Mr Malik I found this shirt in the laundry basket and I don't believe it's yours" Rosa said and held up a grey sweater.

It wasn't mine, it was hers. Her favorite sweater.

"Thank you Rosa you can leave it on the table"

"See you next week" I heard her yell from the hallway but I didn't bother to say anything back.

I got up from the bed for one reason only, I would return the shirt to her and see her again. Fuck moving on I wanted her back. I hadn't stopped loving her one bit since we broke up and maybe it was a chance that she felt the same.

(A/N) I'm really happy about the way this chapter turned out and I hope you feel the same.
So just to be clear, it has now been a few weeks since they broke up.
And I think I will start every chapter now and then with a flashback just to kind of preserve their cute moments.
Hope you liked it <344446777
//Maya

Barbara Palvin - Lola Rodes
Gigi Hadid - Stephanie Parker
Zayn Malik - Zayn Malik
Louis Tomlinson - Louis Tomlinson
Niall Horan - Niall Horan
Harry Styles - Harry Styles
Liam Payne - Liam Payne
Nick Jonas - Adam Hill
Zac Efron - Logan Smith