Sectionals: Part 1

"Yes Julie I have my dress." I replied to her as I rushed down my steps. "Ok what about your makeup bag?" She frantically grabbed her keys. "Already in the car." I answered again. I ran out to the car and got in and she locked the door and got inside the car too. I buckled my seatbelt and she drove off down the street.

We pulled into the parking lot of the dress shop. I got out of the car and tripped because it was still moving a bit. I quickly got up and ran inside. I walked to the counter out of breathe as the man awkwardly looked at me. "Pick up for Camila Mcknight, they are black pumps." I panted. He bent down behind the counter for a bit before coming back up with the box. I grabbed it ran out. "Thank you!" I yelled behind me before getting outside. I got in and threw the shoes in the back seat. Aunt Julie laughed really hard as we pulled out of the parking lot and got into downtown Lima.

"Are you excited?" She asks as we wait at the stoplight that'll take us onto the highway. 'Yeah, just anxious that's all.' I shrugged. "I'm just so proud of you." She looks to me, smiling. "Why?" I kind of chuckle. "You used to think you could only sing in the shower, but now you're in Glee club, everyone in school loves you, and you're going to competitions!" She explained as we turned onto the highway. "I wish mom could see everything that's been happening." I mummbled playing with my hands. "I know." She sighed.

I quietly listened to the radio as we headed down to Cincinnati. I tapped my foot to some songs, and sang along to others. Not too many though, I needed to save my voice for later.

As I was dozing off, my phone began to rang. Aunt Julie turned down the radio as I looked at the ID. It was Mercedes. "Hey boo what's up?" I answered, putting it on speaker phone. "Camila we have a problem.." She immediately answered. I sat up some. "Ok... what's up?" Aunt Julie looked at me quickly before turning back to the road. "Rachel's voice is strained. She can't do the solo, but she can do the other songs. Will you PLEASE take her part?" Aunt Julie looked back and me and I looked wide eyed at her. I waved it off and started laughing. "Oh good one Mercedes. If you're trying to trick me, you could've used a non cliche excuse." I laughed rolling my eyes.

(Venue)

"You weren't kidding." I wide-eyed looked at Rachel. She had a bowl of soup in her hands and she was sitting down on the couch. "I told you.." Mercedes. "Guys you are over exaggerating this. I can do this solo!" Rachel tried exclaiming, but her voice was strained. "Pipe it Berry, if you keep talking you'll cost us all this competition." Santana looked at her. "Look I can't do this. It's not my solo." I looked at everyone. "It was originally yours Camila. It would be better for you to take it, you've worked hard for it." Tina stood up from the chair in the corner. I sighed and looked at everyone. "Okay." I looked at all of them. "I'm gonna go grab my makeup bag and get started on everyone." I looked at Mr. Schuester. I walked over to the corner and picked up my makeup. I stood up and began doing every girls makeup while Angie helped curl their hair and put it in rollers. Once they were done, I did my own makeup along with Angies.

"Hey where is Finn?" I asked finishing up my blush. "I think he is at the cafeteria smashing down some Mexican food." Puck replied smoothing his Mohawk down. "Thanks." I walked out of the back room and headed to the front, not remembering how stupid I looked.

I walked out into the crowd of people and made me way to the east side of the venue. I found the cafeteria and sure enough, Finn was munching on nachos and dip. I made my way to the salad bar and got a bowl of grapes before walking over to his table. "Mind if I sit?" I asked. He dropped his chip and got startled before smiling at me. "Nope." He shook his head. I sat down and scooted my chair in. He continued to smile at me as I ate my grapes. I stopped and wiped my mouth. "What?" I asked. "You look pretty." A side smile rose from his cheek. I felt myself turn red. "Thanks. And you look pretty too." I giggled, making him laugh. "I'm not saying you never look pretty any other day. It's just cute to see girls in makeup. Rachel wears it but it's like packed on too much.." He looked at me. I looked at him wide eyed. Did he really just say that?!

"Don't tell her I said that." He quickly followed up.

Finn and I silently sat together eating our food before I remembered the football game Friday. "Hey, why did you say that you won the game for me?" I asked putting my napkin in my bowl. "So, I usually dedicate the games to Rachel because it's like a good luck charm." He began, making a few hand motions. "And since Rachel wasn't there, I dedicated it to you since we are best friends."

I smiled to myself. Hearing him call me his best friend made me feel some type of way. I was his good luck charm. I shook it off as the intercom came on.

"30 minutes until show time. Please find your designated seats and turn off all electronic devices"

We both got up and threw our garbage away before making the long trip back to the back room. Finn would push me every once in a while or start belting out high notes, making everyone stare at us. Once there, the girls and I grabbed our dresses from the hooks before walking to a room full of curtained rooms. We all quickly hopped in and changed. I folded my clothes and swapped them into the bag before putting my dress and shoes on. I looked at myself in the mirror. I turned sideways and saw my stomach stick out a little. I sucked it in and it became flat. I stood up and straight and walked out with the other girls. "Looking sexy." Rachel's scratchy voice rang in our ears. "Ok now let's go help the boys before they accidently choke themselves with their bows." Quinn rolled her eyes.

We all walked back into the room and the boys were struggling to get their ties. I started walking toward Finn, but Rachel cut me off and made me trip. She looked back at me and gave me and distinctive glare. I felt my heart drop seeing her look at me like that.

I walked over to Blaine and helped him finish it. I wiped his shoulders from dust before the lights blinked for the Trouble Tones to go on. All of us girls toke the rollers out of hair and put a fishtail braid in the side. We all then stood in a circle as Mr Schuester began to speak.

 We all then stood in a circle as Mr Schuester began to speak

"We are up after them. I want you to know that I will have the biggest faith in you guys out there. I know we'll win. And if we dont, it's okay! It is our first competion. I love you guys, and I can't wait to see your guy's hard work pay off." He looked at all of us. We all put our hands in the middle before shouting the New Directions. All of us went out and headed to the auditorium. I hugged everyone before all except me and Finn headed to the back of the stage. We stood in front of the 2 entry ways. I flattened my dress as picked dust off my sleeves as Finn came over to me.

"You look gorgeous, okay?" He immediately said. I laughed. "Thank you. And you look very handsome" I smiled up to him. "Why are you always complimenting me?" "I cant compliment Rachel anymore because she thinks it messes with her mentak state of mind." He confusingly looked around. "Also, sorry about her. I saw her trip you. I don't know what her problem is." He scratched the back of his head. "Maybe it's because I stole her solo with her boyfriend." I sighed. "Wasn't it originally yours?" He chuckled. I shrugged. "We are going to kill this. Just let the nerves flow out of you. I believe in us." Finn held my shoulders. He pulled me into a quick hug before running back over to his set of doors.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to the New Directions!"