The One For Him ~ Chapter Fourty-Six

Chapter 46

'We were goofing off at the camp here', he was pointing at a particular photo in his yearbook. We had lunch and now we are inside the bedroom about to take a siesta when I decided to view their yearbook again with him.

'Is this Marc?' I pointed at a guy whose pants was halfway thru his butt being pulled by some random guys.

'Yes', he laughed. 'We asked for his permission before we posted that. He was cool about it'.

'If I was Tara, I won't be', I pouted.

'Why not?'

'His butt is mine', I grinned.

'Oh no it's not', he frowned.

'Baby didn't you hear what I said? I said if'.

He shrugged.

'You jealous baby?', I teased.

'Uh-uh', he grinned back.

I giggled.

Then we kissed.

I flipped the book into another page. It was their junior-senior prom photos.

'You're the prom king?!', I started laughing and he scratched his head.

'I didn't want to. They said all the ladies voted for me'.

'Oh really?', I gave him a piece of my eyebrow.

'What can I do, they all find me irresistible'.

'Conceited. Can't blame them, I find you that way too'.

'I know', he gave me a smug smile.

Then one photo caught my attention.

'Baby who's this?', I frowned. I pointed at a tall, skinny girl with huge eyeglasses. Wearing a dark blue gown. The caption written stated that she was one of the photography club member.

'Oh that?', he sighed. 'One of my groupy'.

'What do you mean?', my frown deepened.

'She was one of my stalkers at school. Her name is Rita--', he stopped and think. 'Rita Calloway, yes that's it. She was the reason I had to leave the city after our graduation and study college in New York', he sighed sadly. It looks like my baby is having some resentments.

'What happened?', I removed his unruly hair that was covering half of his face and kissed his lips.

'She became a big problem', he sighed again. 'I had a girlfriend at that time, her name is Yuna and--'.

'The Spanish volleyball captain?', the girl he mentioned had the sexiest body at school.

'Half-spanish', he grinned.

'Oh okay', I rolled my eyes, duh!

He cleared his throat. He knew I'm a bit pissed.

'Well, she started sending her nasty letters and stalking her to the point that she threatened to cut Yuna's hair, kill her dog and burn her car.'

'That's not bad, it's only a threat'.

'That's what we thought. we even joked about it but unfortunately she did those'.

'Oh my God! She burned the car?!'

'Yes.

'Cut her hair?!'

'She put a glue on her bike helmet but luckily it was almost dry so it didn't do much damage'.

'And the-- the dog?', I asked, hesitantly. 'He didn't eat the poisoned sandwich. He wasn't a vegetarian'.

'What?!'

'Rita was vegetarian so the sandwich she left on Yuna's doorstep was filled with veggies'.

'Oh dear!', I giggled. 'She isn't that bright then?'

'No she isn't but she did burn the car'.

'I see', now it's my turn to deepened my frown.

'But it wasn't Yuna's'.

'Oh my God! Baby stop teasing!', I giggled again, holding my tummy now with both hands.

He chuckled too. When our laughter subsided I asked him.

'So who's car was it?', smiling.

'Mr. Apostol?'

'The principal?!'

'Yup'.

I snorted. 'Oh I remember that. I wasn't there when it happened. Some friends told me about it. It happened during the finals', referring to the national volleyball competition held in another school. Our team won but the biggest news was the burning car.

He nodded.

'She's a walking disaster', I bit my lip.

'Yes, she is that. She was taken by the police and sent to rehab. She was diagnosed of a multiple personality disorder. The school saw to it she will have all the necessary care for they found out she was living with an abusive stepfather. 'He took a deep breath. 'Grandma helped with the expenses too. She was afraid Rita will do more damage towards other people and me. I left for I was afraid she might see this and start stalking you too', he was referring to my precious photo in the yearbook.

'I see'.

'So imagine how sad I was when I left without even saying goodbye to you', he pouted. He's so cute.

'Baby, we don't know each other at that time'.

'But I know you'

I smiled. His making my heart swollen with love.

'I love you'.

'I know', then we kissed again.

'Baby, she looks like the woman who pushed me', I whispered against his lips. He leaned back automatically.

'What?!' Hold on. You mean you recognized her?'.

'Just now. Her face is the same as that woman in the street although here she looks younger and wearing glasses'.

'Are you sure?'

'Yes'.

'Damn it!'

'Don't curse'.

Silence.

'She must have read it in the papers', I said.

'Maybe, maybe not', he run his fingers thru his hair but that unruly bangs again covered his lovely face so I immediately tucked it behind his ear again.

'She knows I'm pregnant'.

'Shit! Those damn press!'!

Oh oh Mr. Carter is furious.

'You didn't tell me about those', referring about the tabloid newspapers. I tried sounding sweet to keep him distracted.

'I didnt want you running'.

'I'm not'.

'The press can be harsh, baby'.

'I know but I'm a good girl so they can't write anything bad about me'.

'They called you fortune hunter', his frown deepened. I can hear his teeth gritting.

'Your mother called me a gold digger', I teased, keeping a lighter mood.

'You're not', he wailed.

I giggled. He's acting like a moody toddler.

'I love you Clarissa', he whispered.

'I know'.