The One For Him ~ Chapter Fourty-One

Chapter 41

'What else do you think baby needs? I got diapers, booties--', he inquired about the wedding preparation first and now this.

'Huh?! Baby, where-- what are you doing?!'

'Shopping'.

'Shopping?!' I giggled. I'm in a fast food restaurant with Jenna for we went to check the wedding cake design 'he' chose for us. She, Lloyd, Marc and Tara were ecstatic when they learned Alex and I are getting married and with a baby not far from coming. It made me wonder why they weren't surprise though?

'Yes I am. Why?!', he sound offended.

'I'm sorry but Alex we still got another month before we'll find out what baby's sex is'.

'I don't care, I wanna start buying her things', he said stubbornly. He sounds like he's on a fretful mood of a toddler.

'We're not yet sure if baby is a girl', I said, stating the obvious.

'I know it's a girl, I can feel it', he said with too much determination that even God might turn our baby into a girl if it's a boy now.

'Okay Mr. Fortune teller, just buy whatever it is you wanna buy. I love you', trying to placate him.

'I love you too. Baby?'

'Yes?'

'How about the gown, does it still fits?'

'It fits, don't worry I'm not eating too much'.

'You're what?! Who told you not to eat?! You better or I'm canceling the wedding and take you to the courthouse and marry you there!''

'Hey! You don't have to shout at--

'You don't have to starve yourself and baby just for the dress!'.

'I wanna look good', I pouted.

'I want you two healthy!'.

'Okay, okay I'm eating. Actually I'm in the middle of my lunch when you called. Hmp! You have no manners Mr. Carter!'

'Well, I'm sorry Mrs. Soon-to-be Carter for I didn't know you were. And if that dress won't fit, we're buying a new one'.

'Aren't you supposed to be in a meeting right now?', trying to change the subject. Glad he's not with me for everytime one of us do that we ended up getting our clothes off.

'We're done. The company owns it now', he sounds happy. He meant the Gonzales account he was workinh hard on since that first time we've met. Hmm.. That's good, it means I'm forgiven.

'Great. Babe, Jenna's coming. I gotta go now'.

'Alright, love you sweet cheeks'.

'Sweet cheeks?!', that's the first time he called me that.

'Yes, sweet butt cheeks', then the call went off but I heard him laughing devilishly first before it was cut.

I snorted, I know he hates it when I do that but duh! God, I'm marrying the same insufferable guy I met back then. But slowly, I smiled. He's so cute when he acts so concerned and silly. I bit my lower lip, I can just imagine him right now wearing a dark business suit with baby diapers in one hand and baby booties in another. Oh, how lucky I am to have found such a man.

***

'So the wedding planner wanted the color red, white and blue, what do you think?', Jenna, she just came from the ladies room for a retouch.

'Wouldn't it look like the concept of the American flag Jen? I just want it to be blue and white'.

'How about pink? Or just red?'

'Blue, for it's Alex's favorite color', I smiled at her, she loves pink and red but it's my wedding so I'm choosing my hubby-to-be's favorite color.

'Okay then. What shade?', she asked, arched brow. Obviously she doesn't like my taste but she gave in.

'Royal blue'.

'Royal blue?!'

'It's nice, you'll see'.

She sighed. 'Oh well. We need to go back there and tell Gustav', referring to her friend, the French wedding planner.

'Can we do it tomorrow? I'm kinda tired'.

'Are you having cramps?' She frowned and watched me.

I wasn't aware I was massaging my tummy. It became my habit since I found out I'm pregnant. All of them are asking me the same question everyday. I understand though for they are concerned about baby and I.

'No but my feet hurts'.

'You should avoid high heels or you'll have varicose veins'.

'I'm wearing flat shoes'.

'Good. Come now, I better take you home'.

We stood up, gathered our things and went out of that place. The street was a bit busy with a lot of people around walking at the sidewalk. I took a deep breath. I feel so hot. Is this part of pregnancy?

I was about to cross the pedestrian lane when suddenly I felt someone shoved me forcefully from the back. I stumbled and my things flew, scattered on the road. I fell on both hands and knees then I heard Jenna screaming my name.

'Claire!', she immediately rushed towards me. She was so pale, frightened I hurt myself bad.

Three passerby came to my rescue and helped us.

'I-- I'm okay', I winced. God! I scraped my knees. There's a red gush on them.

'You're bleeding', the teenage girl who picked up my things noted.

All of us looked at my left hand, yup there's a cut on it and it's oozing with blood.

'It's not that deep. Here, take this', the elderly guy offered me his hanky.

'Thank you', I smiled at them. They were so nice to me. The teenage girl helped me wrapped it around my wound.

When I looked up I saw Jenna became paler then she fainted, dead weight.

'Jen!', we rushed to her side. Jenna is afraid of blood. Damn!

I started fanning her with my hand and the teenage girl with her book.

'Call 911!', someone shouted. More people were gathering around us now.

'Jen! Jenna! Wake up!', I was in a panic but she started moaning, it means she's waking up. Then suddenly I felt the hairs from my back stood up. Something's amiss. Something's not right. I suddenly looked up and came eye to eye with a woman in a dark brown leather coat, sneering at me. She's very beautiful, model-like except for that ugly, angry leer. Then she left the scene in a haugthy stride. I wondered.

Who might she be?