The One For Him ~ Chapter Fifty-One

Chapter 51

Our big day arrived. A wonderful dream come true. Every little girl's fairy tale is about to begin. A perfect wedding, fit for a princess who waited all her life to find her true and only one love. A wedding worth the wait. A wedding full of love. From this day, onwards, we are going to share our lives together and we will vow that it will last forever and lived happily ever after.

Our family and all of our friends, gathered to witness this special occasion. My mom was trying to compose herself. Boxes of tissues were distributed everywhere. Dada secretly told me mom needs five boxes of kleenex so it was provided at his command. I don't know about them but I do not even feel like crying although it is an obvious fact that those tears they are shedding are of joy. Maybe because this time, I know Alex is the right man for me.
Alex feels the same way too. Me thinks he knows I'm the right woman for him. I don't want to brag or anything but a guy like him, loving me is still unacceptable even for me hahaha... Call me crazy but I think I'm still in a hazy fog, floating.
We kept exchanging glances and we can't stop the silly grin from breaking on our faces from time to time. It's as if we are teasing each other because of other people's predicament. It was almost laughable that the women close to me were doing the crying, not the bride herself.

My bridal entourage were all in blue, most of the decors and give aways as well. I chose blue for it is my tribute to the man I am going to spend the rest of my life with and I don't want him to forget that the woman he's going to marry, wanted him as much as he does her.

My white gown fitted me perfectly even with my baby bump slightly showing. It was made of silk, satin and hand-made sewn beaded charovsky crystals with a dark blue lace on the waist part that is perched at my back as a ribbon. I rubbed my tummy, silently telling baby that today also marks the day of us being a family.

'This is it, Claire', Tara came towards me, tears are about to fall from her eyes.

I nodded and giggled.
'Stop crying. I'm not about to get executed', I grinned.

She laughed.
'I am well aware of that Clarissa Rebecca Thomas-soon-to-be-Carter, but I'm just so happy for you', she smiled. 'A husband and a baby? That's what I wanted for myself, too'.

'Marc loves you Tar'.

She nodded. Then to my surprised, she showed me her left hand. On her ring finger, a black diamond oval shaped ring was on it. My eyes went wide.

'You're engaged!', I asked excitedly.

'Yes, last night. He said, he can't wait to have me legally', she blushed profusely and continued. 'Hopefully, after eight months...', she rubbed her tummy and looked at me shyly.

'What eight--?', I gasped. 'You're pregnant, too?!'

She grinned and I did the same. Then we hugged each other.

'We are two certified tramps', I whispered.

'Two best friend whores', she agreed.
'What would our mothers say?', I said aghast after we parted.

'They'll shrugged it off and demand to provide them grand kids quickly', she said looking amused.

'Yup, that's what mine did'.

'They love us, but it's as if I'm a copycat to you', Tara pouted.

'Oh, dont worry about that. No one will say that to your face. What are friends for, huh?', I placated her.

It's such a joyful news. My two best friends, Tara and Marc are getting married and having a baby soon. Isn't that the way how love supposed to end?