The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter 31

Lunch break.

I was busy reading and checking my students essay when I heard a soft three knocks on the doorway. Eyeglasses perched on my nose, a black ballpen in hand and a test paper on the other, I slowly look up.

A woman in her forties wearing a designer tight white suit, a wide brim hat that looks like the ones the Queen of England wore in London and a high heeled branded black shoes stood there. I frowned slightly. She's tall and very sophisticated looking. Her slim figure adds on her towering figure. There's something familiar about her but I can't name it. Who could she be?

'Yes?', I asked, brows raised.

'Are you Miss Thomas. The Science Teacher?', the last three words was spoken with sarcasm.

'Yes, I am. Is there something you need?', I still sat there, slowly fuming with anger. She acts as if she hates me and I don't even remember ever meeting her.

'I want to talk to you'.

I slowly stood up and straightened my uniform. I saw her looking at me from head to foot, a slight disgust was obvious on her face. Although she was wearing huge dark sunglasses, I can see it thru her pursed lips.

'May I know who you are Ma'am? I still tried to be polite.

'I'm Mrs. Levy'.

My frown deepened none of my students had a surname like hers.

'Are you the guardian of---?', I wasn't able to finish my question for she cut me off abruptly.

'I'm Alex Jude's mother', her brows are arched.

Woah! that made me speechless.

***

I offered her coffee but she declined. I brought her to the cafeteria, not because I want to eat but because I don't want to be alone with her in my classroom. This woman sitting infront of me looks ruthless and cunning, an exact opposite of my baby.

I took a sip of my decaf coffee and gently laid the cup down. Each of us are staring at each other. Obviously thinking of some hateful thoughts.

Why is she here?

'You must be wondering why I paid you a visit, Miss Thomas?', her voice sounded haughty. Somewhat like the voice of Cinderella's stepmother.

She removed her glasses and started tapping them on the table. To distract me, I supposed.

'Yes, I am.'

'Alex must have told you a lot about me, right?'

'He never mentioned you to me at all', I lied. I felt triumphant when I saw her eyes went huge. Hehe serves you right. Well a little lie won't kill anyone.

'Really? Hmm... When I first heard that he is dating a woman of your kind, I almost didn't believe it. Not until some of my people in Mexico told me they saw him with a little lady strutting around town', she paused and arched her brow. 'I wonder why he chose you? Before he always dated women who are models, actresses, businesswomen, all who lives like us. I even thought he will end up with Jenna. But now...', she looked at me with disgust from head to chest for my lower part of the body was covered by the table. Jenna was mentioned, why does she know her too? But I didn't let her see I got confused.

'My work is decent, Mrs. Levy'.

'Yes decent but cheap'. She smirked. Cheap? That made my vein in the temple tick.

'My job must look cheap to you but I'm proud to be a teacher. We have the opportunity to teach our students to be kind and responsible people. And I make sure that my students will not have the same manners like yours', I said that with a small smile on my face. Bitch!

'Why you--?!'

'If you came here just to insult me Mrs. Levy, you may leave now. I don't want your kind to influence my students. And I won't allow you to insult me further or I'll swear to God I might forget you are 'older' than me'.

'You stay away from my son!', she pointed at me with her right index finger, glasses on that hand.

'Son? Are you even his mother, Mrs. Levy? I don't recall you even showing him that?'

'If money is all--'

'I don't need your money!'

'Huh! Surely you do. You're a poor girl and that's the reason why you tried snaring my son. Well, I won't let my mother's wealth to be wasted on you!' She looked at the diamond engagement ring on my finger. Now I am angry.

'I didn't love him for his money Mrs. Levy and if you just go and talk to your son, you will know the truth. I love him and he loves me and you have to deal with that!'

'Love? Love?!', she laughed devilishly. 'I don't think so, Miss Thomas. Alex is just fond of you because you're different from all of those other girls he dated. Once he is finished with you, he will throw you back to where you belong!'. Some people in the cafeteria were looking our way now. Glad that there were only few about and no students of mine present.

'You're wrong. He won't do that, for we love each other. You came here and acted as if you know him so well but I know the truth about you and what you did to him', her eyes went huge. the same color as my baby but his are gentle while hers were ugly as sin. 'Yes, he told me everything. The abuse you bestowed to your own son when he was little. Is that the kind of love a mother gives to her own flesh? I'm sorry but I just don't understand why you came looking for trouble. You won't find one in here for I will not stoop low into your level. And to tell you the truth, I'm glad he is not like you Mrs. Levy', I slowly looked at her from head to chest. My voice sounded calm and quiet too.

She took deep angry breaths and stood up abruptly.

'We're not finished! I'll deal with you properly--'

'Can't wait'. I gave her a sweet, huge smile. I gave her a goodbye wave of my right hand too. Still sitting there. Her nose flared and with that she left with fire trailing behind her.

I sat there, reflecting on what just happened. She sounded like she knew a lot about Alex. But why did he said she doesn't care about him. There's something he must not telling me or she was just as obsessed about him for she thinks he is one of her posessions. I shook my head. My baby doesn't need to know about this. Not now anyway.