The One for Him ~ Chapter Fourty-Nine

Chapter 49

'You've been a bad girl today Clarissa', he said quietly.

I gasped and turned around. We went inside our bedroom with me walking ahead of him, thinking he's not mad anymore. We had dinner with Tara and Marc who of course made up after that long, thorough wet kiss outside but obviously my man is thinking of not letting me get away from my sin.

We asked the two lovebirds to spend the night here, so he offered them the guest room at the opposite wing from our bedroom.

Oh-oh... Seems like I'm right. He's mad.

He was looking at me with his facial expression bland with emotions. I took a deep breath and sighed. Even with no smile on that yummy face, he still can't keep me from swooning with desire.

'Baby, I can explain', God! How many times did I tell him that statement today? Can't count them on my fingers and toes anymore.

He remained quite and assessed me with eyes devoid of emotions. I bit my lower lip, feeling so awkward.

He stood there, leaning with his back against the door, which he locked first before speaking. His arms crossed against that strong chest.

He's still wearing his business suit, minus the black tuxedo.

'Speak', he said quietly. His baritone voice resonating against the large room.

I swallowed. Where to start? Not again?

I slowly walked over to our bed and sat at the edge, careful not to show him I'm limping a bit. My feet hurts from too much walking. Guess my shoe sizes are changing along with my body. Still biting my lower lip, I kicked my shoes off and rotated my right foot then the other. I felt so heavy. Not because of baby but with my guilt.

'I got bored', I said in a small voice.

He didn't say anything, just stared at me with those hazel eyes of his.

'I got tired of staying here with nothing to do but sleep, eat and wait for you. I miss hanging out and shopping with my friends, I miss going out to movies, I miss work, I miss the old library where I usually spend my Saturdays. I miss mom and Dada, I miss you. I miss everything Alex. I miss my old routine. I miss myself, I miss me'.

He kept his silence. I pouted.

'Say something'. I'm near to tears.

'I know I promised you I will take care of you and baby but can I do those things again once baby is born? Can I?', I sounded like I'm almost pleading him.

He was silent for a long time. He took a deep breath and placed both of his hands inside his pants pockets.

'I never told you otherwise Clarissa. I never asked you to stop doing all those things', he stared at me levelly.

Actually, he's right, he never asked anything from me. In fact, all he wanted was my happiness, security and love.

Why am I always complaining? Why am I unsatisfied? I have him, and having him love me, a spoiled-brat, childish, insecure, public school teacher is more than enough to last me a lifetime. It's not everyday you'll find a delicious man like him falling for a plain woman like me. It's a one in a million fairytale.

'I'm sorry baby. I'm such a loser', I almost sobbed. Feeling so down and desperate.

He walked towards me and stood infront of me.

'No, you're not', he reached over and removed my hands which was covering my tear-streaked face.

'Don't cry baby. You know I don't want to see you crying. I love you'.