The One For Him ~ Chapter Fifty

Chapter 50

'You're still not going to talk to me, are you?'
I gave him a pointed look. Well, I'm still pissed about last night. Who wouldn't?
Today, I'm busy packing my bags for I will be staying with my parents until the wedding. It's a myth that both of them believes. The bride and groom shouldn't see each other the day before the wedding for something bad might happen. Such superstitions but it's not bad if you'll follow it. Well, told you my parents are very traditional people.
He hugged me to himself and kissed my nape.
'I'm gonna miss sleeping with you so bad baby. I'm gonna miss you and baby', he whispered. He started rubbing my baby bump with his hands. My back against his warm, strong naked chest. Ooh! The sensation was starting to tingle my sexual organs.
But still I kept my mouth shut, showing him I'm still upset about him leaving me hanging and horny.
'Talk to me baby. Please I don't want you like this?', he whispered against my neck, slowly kissing me there.
I abruptly removed his arms around me and went over to the other side of the bed for he licked my earlobe. I need to get away from him and his poking 'you know' too. Even with his pants and my shorts on I can feel the heaviness and hugeness of him teasing my ass.
'What?', he grinned, eyebrows raised. He knew why I left his side. I kept quiet still.
'Oh come on Claire, stop this nonsense'.
My eyes got huge.
'Nonsense?! nonsense?!', I almost spitted out those words. That made me more angry and I knew I was overreacting again.
'Babe--'
'You think I'm just throwing a tantrum here?!'
'Uhuh', his sill grin widened.
'Oh you despicable--'
'Handsome, macho and magnificent man?', his smile melted my heart but I refused to be budged.
God! he's irritating!
'Arrogant, most evil-like--'
'Yummy devil', he said with a nod. 'I know babe, you said so yourself'.
'Ooh..!', I stomped my foot, turned around and left with a huff, while he was laughing his head off.

I went down the staircase heading to I don't know where just so I can avoid him, and mumbling to myself about why I fell in love with him. Not that I really questions that but I'm just so freaking mad. Alex is so so-- I sighed and grinned silly. Goodness, I can't even stay angry with him, he is so adorable. His teasings got back at me. Who would have thought a guy like him can be so coy and cute, huh? Oh Lord, spare me from him.
I was daydreaming with a dreamy smile on me when I heard the massive, wooden front door opened. Tito came inside and behind him was a woman who I know not but looks very familiar. Though I can't see her face that much for I'm far from them. But there's something about her that I can't name. Her eyes were cast downwards, her head and shoulders slumped and she also walks heavily as if she was sentenced to die.

My frown deepened when Tito ushered her to Alex's study.
Who the hell was that?
No one informed me my man was meeting someone this morning. My curiosity deepened when I heard Tito calling Alex thru his mobile. Wait! That means my baby will come running down the staircase shortly. I hurriedly went down and hid myself at the back of the staircase. Hmm... A secret meeting. Huh! Let's see about that!
I'll spy on them, him and that skawny looking female for my jealous nature sets in. I bit my lower lip in anticipation. I felt a little excited.
Alex came down donning a white shirt. He was still barefooted, oh those sexy feet. I bit my lip harder, shocks! I'm getting capital H, orny again. Damn!

I noticed he was looking for something or rather someone. Maybe he was looking for me. I crept down low, almost kneeling.
Hiding... Hiding... Hiding...
'Clarissaaaa..!', his voice resonated at the entire house. I covered both my ears, I was astounded he did that.
Damn! My ears were ringing!
What's got into him?!
He took a deep breath, about to shout again so I stopped him.
'Alex!', I hissed. Pissed.
He turned around and grinned when he saw me. His sigh of relief didn't escaped me. What is going on? Why does he look so nervous or was it frightened?
'Stop that, you could have woken up Tara and Marc', I reprimanded him in a very angry, whispered voice.
'I'm sorry. Come here baby let me hug you'.
I pouted, doubtful.
He raised his eyebrows.
'If you think shouting and trying to wake the dead will make up for all your sins last night then you're wrong'.
He shook his head, as if what I said was complete ridiculous.
'I want you safe with me'
'Huh?', now where did that came from?
'Come', he took my hand, squeezed it and led the way into the study.
So okay, no need for spying then. I'm included in the meeting.

***

The room was deadly calm and silent when we went inside. A nervous lady and now I recognized her up-close, named Rita (my pushy bitch-Alex's stalker) was seated on my favorite sofa across Alex's desk. Tito was not far. Standing behind her, staring at her with a slight frown on his forehead. Maybe he is trying to make up his mind if she needs to be handcuffed or not. His facial expression is scary especially with that strong face and pale red scar across his left cheek.
I felt sorry for her. But she doesn't know, inside that big, burly man is a nice guy who weeps when he watches Mexican drama series on the television.
Alex squeezed my hand when he caught me grinning devilishly. I jolted, I wasn't aware I was doing that. I can't explain it but watching these two sorry human beings closely made me smile. There's a little plan brewing in my head and I hope my spontaneous intervention will work.

'Mr. Carter--', Rita said in a nervous voice.
'Alex', he sounded gruff, I nudged his back for Rita looked like she wanted to curl up and die. It's not a good feeling when two huge, bulky men glaring at you from front and back.
'Baby, let me do the talking', I whispered behind him.
'You sure?', he whispered back.
'Positive. I'm a woman', as if that explains it all.
He sighed but let go of my hand when I started walking towards her. I sat infront of her and we started talking.

She told me how her attraction towards him since highschool turned into stalking. She admitted her petty crimes, related us her cruel childhood past, her plot to have him and her plan to kill herself the day after she received a notice from the police and Alex's attorney just to end it all. She ended her story unstoppably sobbing and begging for forgiveness.

I felt sorry for her. She went through a lot of bad experiences and I think it's about time I help her regain herself.
'Rita, I know how a brokenheart feels like too. It's like you are standing in the dark, alone, waiting for something that will not come along'.
'You're beautiful', I gave her a genuine smile. I know she needs some reassurance.
'You'll find someone better. I've been in the same situation before. I loved this guy who I grew up with or so I thought. Then I found out it was just an infatuation that became an obsession. It was slowly taking away my confidence and I lost my self-worth. I even ate my pride and begged him not to marry the woman he loves. But you see he and I just wasn't meant to be. You can't force someone to love you just because you love them too. But you know what, letting him go and forgetting every feelings I felt for him was the greatest accomplishment I had in my life. If I was able to do that so can you. You're strong and beautiful and you deserve someone better. Someone who will love you unconditionally. Someone who will respect you. Someone that is made by God just for you', I stared behind her and her eyes widened with wonder then she blushed. Tito stood up straight. It would have been comical if he saluted but he didn't. He knew very well I was teasing them both.
I didn't know where I took my speech but it went out like a flow of river from my lips. I turned to look at Alex standing and leaning back at his desk, watching me with a slight smile and nodded his approval.
'I see now why he loves you', she whispered.
I automatically stared at her, she was smiling against her shed tears. Trying not to make herself cry uncontrollably. I reached over and squeezed both her hands clasped on her lap.
She sobbed.
'I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I didn't mean to cause you harm'.
I gathered her into my arms and rubbed her back. Consoling her.
'There's nothing to forgive'.
'I promise I'm not going to stalk you, I'm not going to come near you nor am I going to try to tear you apart', her declaration was so full of emotions I almost cried myself too. Listening to her say those words reminded me of what I promised to myself regarding Lloyd and Jenna several months ago.
I nodded. I can't speak for I just don't know what to say anymore.
'But promise me Clarissa you'll take care of him and love him forever', she whispered against my ear.
'I will, I promised'.
She hugged me tighter as I did her. Then I heard my man clearing his throat. We slowly parted but still holding each other's hands.

'So what's the deal now?', Alex asked, curiosity etched on his dark eyebrows.
'She's invited in our wedding', I grinned.
Rita gasped.
'Tito, you don't have a date on our wedding, right?'
'Yes ma'am', he answered me like I'm his general.
'Then asked the lady to go with you on Sunday', I said matter of factly, grinning, eyes twinkling.
They both blushed.
Oh my God!
Alex and me shared a surprised look.
A new love story is about to unfold in our very eyes.
Rita and Tito? Such a deadly combination. A mysterious ex-soldier with a wounded ex-psycho bitch.
Who wants to know their story, just raise your hands for I'm gonna tell you about it. Not now but soon.
Very soon.

Alex gave me a wink and I giggled.
So happy for this positive outcome. Now our big problem is solved. I put a line across Rita's name on my list of hateful people towards me. That leaves only his mom now which of course was on number one.
Ooh! That old witch of a woman.