The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty

Chapter 30

'What?', I asked him. He was staring at me for a long time. I started blushing.

'I was just thinking again'

'Of what?'

'I'm lucky I have you'

I giggled and pinched his arm gently.

'You said that a million times already'

'I know and I'm going to say it everyday too'

I giggled.

'Shh...' an old lady holding a rosary from the back pew reprimanded us. He grinned, I bit my lip. I almost forgot, we were inside the church, supposed to be praying.

He brought me here for he said I needed to confessed my sins. My playful baby wanted me to go to heaven with him. Not that he doesn't bring me there once we were alone but still. I pinched myself. God! forgive me. I should be praying but no, I am having dirty thoughts in Your house. Oh! Clarissa! Start praying!

'Babe?

'Yes?'

'Where are we going after this?'

'I want you to meet my babies?'

'Babies?!', I choked. He didn't tell me he fathered a child?!

'Later', he took my hand and started singing with the choir. He sang well too. I looked at him with bulging eyes. What else does this guy has that will surprise me yet again?

***

My heart started thumping. He brought me in a house big enough to house a hundred kids. I saw atleast twenty small kids from age 3 to 10 playing at the playground.

'Daddy', a blonde little girl called him and like the other kids, started running towards us. He was holding my hand and squeezed it. I swallowed. These are his kids?! Holy crap!

Atleast five children catapulted into his arms, three were clinging on his legs and the others on his arms. It was hilarious. I giggled nervously. He was laughing and so carefree looking. The look in his face took my breath away. God he's so handsome. My heart ached. It swelled with too much pride and happiness. This man belongs to me. Oh yes he does.

'Are you my Mommy?', I was shook from my reverie and saw the same little girl who called out before standing infront of me. She was frowning and studying me.

I stared at her for a long time, lost for words.

'I- I-', I fumbled with words.

Her lower lip started quivering when I didn't answer her immediately. Looks like she wanted to cry.

'Yes she is Olive', he came towards us and carried the little girl in his arms. The other kids were gone now. They went into the house so it seems.

'You missed me?', the little girl asked him and started sniffing.

'Of course I did. Give daddy a big smoochie!', he pointed at his cheek an Olive gave him a big,wet kiss.

He took my hand and we started walking towards the house. They were busy engaging in a conversation. The little girl started asking him questions about me!

'What's mommy's name?'

'Clarrisa Rebecca'

'Just like mine. Olivia'

'Yes. How's school?'

'I don't like math', she pouted.

'Why not?'