The One For Him ~ Chapter Fourty-Five

Chapter 45

'I don't know about you but I think Alex is right sweetie, you should stop working. It's for your own good'.

'But mom I still can work, I'm only four months along. I already asked a week off, that will do'.

'Look Clarissa, we are only concern about you and the baby'

'Baby', I corrected her.

'And baby. You said it yourself, he seldom sleeps at night for he worries. Think about your safety and his health. Dada told me Alex's company is expanding. That's a lot of work I tell you. And both of you are busy for your upcoming wedding too. This ridiculous plan of yours to still teach with that godawful woman who pushed you still left unknown is very infuriating. If I was Alex, I won't even ask for your opinion, I'll do it my way and imprison you in that house.You should decide soon', Mom sighed. 'Don't you think it's high time you should quit being stubborn and think about your family?'

'I'm not being stubborn', I pouted. She hit a nerve there

'Oh yes, you are. For you don't want to stay home and just be a housewife', Mom sighed again, God! It means I really rattled her tail. 'Sweetie my mother chose to be with her family as I did. You don't have to work anyway for Alex can provide well for you and baby'.

'I know that mom', I bit my lip. I'm well aware of that fact, very much.

'Then what's the problem? Why are you insisting on not quitting your job? That's the only way. It's either you quit or he'll get sick of worry'.

Now it's my turn to sigh. Teaching is my passion. I wanted to be a teacher since I was four and now I'm torn between my career and my family. I know I can manage being a working mom but Alex's still getting paranoid about that pushy accident. It's been six days now since that happened and tomorrow I'm going back to teach at school.

'Okay Mom, I'll do what you say'.

'No Clarissa Rebecca, think it through then do what you really want to do', that means whatever my decision is she will be guilt-free.

'I will. I love you, say hi to Dada for me'.

'Okay, love you too. Bye'.

'Bye mom', then we hanged up.

I got out of the bathroom and went near the bed. There, lies in it, the naked and delicious man with a blue blanket covering just his butt, whom I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with. I smiled, I'm gonna tease him later for he was snoring softly. Aww... That means my baby really do lacks sleep. I sat down and caressed his handsome face. I love doing this, watching him sleep. He looks very vulnerable that way. I slowly removed his hair that covered his face to get a better look. His hair is getting longer, he definitely needs a hair cut..

After five minutes of devouring every inch of his, I placed my phone on the bedside table (which by the way I forgot I was still holding) and stood up. I took his discarded shirt from the foot of the bed and donned it then made my way downstairs. I need to prepare something for brunch, it's almost eleven o'clock.

On my way to the kitchen, my mind is still wandering about Alex. He lost weight actually for he can't sleep well. He kept on waking up at night and checking up on me even though I'm wrapped around his arms. My baby is getting loco and I know it's because of my stubborness.

I took the chicken breasts out of the fridge, got some ingredients and started marinading it. I'm gonna roast them, easy cooking. Then I placed them inside the broiler and set the right temperature.Took some veggies and made a salad. Then walah! I'm done.

I smiled and heard my tummy growling. Oh-oh, baby is hungry. I massaged my tummy and drank a glass of water then took a glass of non-fat mommy milk with me.