The One For Him ~ Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter 36

I got up the next day feeling nauseated and dizzy. I didn't eat breakfast for it feels like my stomach is rumbling. I wasn't able to teach my students as I planned to so I dismissed them early. I found myself running three times towards the public ladies' room at school, vomiting. I must have acquired a deadly virus when I went out shopping yesterday.

I was alone inside, washing my face with cold water. God, I feel so terrible. I look pale too. My reflection on the mirror showed how sick I am. Dark circles around my eyes, pale lips. Not that I am lonely for I still haven't got the chance to talk to him. I want to do it in person not over the phone.

I slept good last night after talking to that little boy and his mommy. I smiled remembering them. I wish I will meet them again someday. To thank them properly.

I doubled over the sink and started a new series of gagging. Wrenching pain accompanied by vomiting course thru my body. I clutched my tummy, heaving even though there's nothing left for me to spill out.

I washed my mouth, washing the bitter taste of vomit. I slowly stood up just to be surprised for he was standing behind me.

We were staring eye to eye thru the mirror. He looked pale too with bloodshot eyes. From lack of sleep I guess. He must have been awake the whole night. I turned all my phones off so I won't be disturbed. I knew he came by the house last night but I refused to go out of the bedroom and let him in.

He was looking at me with worried hazel eyes. His deep frown showed his concern.

'Are you sick baby?'

I swallowed. God, I miss him. Just calling me with taht endearment makes me wanna weep. My eyes started forming tears and he came towards me and pulled me to him from behind. I cried, immediately turned around and hugged him tight.

'I'm sorry Alex. I'm so sorry', I can't control my emotions. I love him too much. He touched my face and wiped my tears. So much pain and sadness were registered in his eyes.

'No Claire, it's not your fault. I should have told you everything that happened. The truth about me and Jenna. Our past. I know you read her email but baby you should have let me explain first. I will never lie to you Clarissa. Never. Can't you see how I'm suffering, how I'm slowly dying everytime you leave me?', his eyes are tearry, he was trying not to cry.

I nodded.

'I love you Clarissa Rebecca and I don't want you to forget that', his declaration so emotional I started crying again.

***

'What do you dislike about me?', we are snuggled infront of the fireplce in his bedroom. Huddled under a thick, warm blanket. He brought me there after taking some clothes from my house. He said he wanted to take care of me while I'm sick. I'm feeling better now after eating sone dry crackers and milk. I still don't know what virus I got so he's off-limits kissing and making love to me for now, much to our disappointment. He loves making up sex, but his health comes first.

'Nothing. What do you dislike about me?', he grinned. I pouted.

'You need to answer. There must be something?', I insisted.

'I love you and your negative ways. I love everything about you', the he kissed me again.

'Okay', I bit my lower lip.

'Go on, tell me', he knows I'm thinking of something.

'Promise you won't get mad?'

'I never get mad at you', he chuckled then turned serious 'I promise', I hugged him and he kissed my forehead gently.

'I want to know about the phone call last month and about her email'.

'You mean Jenna?'

'Yes. What is she to you, Alex? What happened to her and Lloyd? Are you the reason behind their divorced?, I said slowly,

He took a deep breath and I continued.

'How long were you married to her? Do you love her still?', I closed my eyes tightly, trying not to cry. In deeper pain while I asked him those.